If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values Webster was founded on. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what sets us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first. Working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Market Universal Bankers will support banking centers in a defined geography, with the opportunity to rotate through a variety of banking centers. Market Universal Bankers will provide customers with exceptional service through counter based transactions and/or basic platform requests as needed. Market Universal Bankers will offer personalized banking services through communication, explanation, and referral of available products, ensuring that the customer's needs are met through appropriate sales and service delivery options. Provide personalized banking services through communication, explanation, and referral of available products, ensuring that the customer's needs are met through appropriate sales and service delivery options.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Offer information on bank products and services that can benefits the customer and enhance their banking relationship.
* Evaluate needs of potential customers and offer appropriate financial products and services.
* Prepare and compile new customer application and information to open new accounts.
* Provide ongoing relationship servicing with current customers.
* Maintain customer accounts through deposits, endorsement verifications, check cashing, etc.
* Maintains compliance with Federal and State regulations as well as bank policies and procedures. Meet/exceed branch operations /audit requirements.
* Provides flexibility of coverage during banking center hours of operation for various banking centers as needed.
* Participates in telemarketing and other banking center calling and marketing initiatives..
* Resolves a variety of simple to complex in branch customer maintenance requests and inquires (i.e. address change, stop payments, research requests, etc.).
* Effectively uses available resources for problem resolution, which may involve analysis of information received from Loan Processing, Deposit Operations, ATM, Reconcilement, Retail Loss Management or Financial Intelligence Unit or other internal Webster departments.
* Fluent in Webster's products and services and uses knowledge to identify other cross-sell opportunities and refers existing customers and prospects to Business & Professional Banking (B&PB), Webster Investment Services (WIS), Cash Management, Consumer Finance -- mortgages and home equity and/or other Sales Council members
* Can assist Banking Centers with opening and closing duties, with a supervisor override after proper training
* Act as a more seasoned Market Float Banker with ability to assist with opening and closing duties, and potential for back up supervisor role with proper training.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* High school diploma/GED required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
* 2-3 years of customer service and needs-based banking sales experience.
* Strong customer service, relationship building, organizational, software, and communication skills.
* Working knowledge of small business, mortgages, and lending services.
* Full understanding of Webster's products and services.
* Ability to be agile with work schedule and travel to accommodate travel in a defined geography
* Agility with working with a variety of team members due to rotational coverage of banking center support required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled