UnitedHealthcare Global (UHCG) is focused on accelerating value creation in global markets through innovative network strategies that align incentives around the triple aim – better outcomes, better cost, and better experience.
UnitedHealthcare Global (UHCG) is a business unit of UnitedHealthcare that is dedicated to helping people globally live healthier lives by simplifying the health care experience, meeting consumer health and wellness needs, and sustaining trusted relationship with care providers.
The Market CIO is responsible for leading, delivering and supporting technology solutions for the global market/region within UHC Global. As a key leader on the UnitedHealthcare Global IT team, you will work with Global IT functions and local business leaders to build the local IT strategy and roadmap, and to integrate this with the global IT and enterprise strategic plans.
If you thrive in a high performance, high accountability environment, this is truly a place where you can do your life's best work.(SM)
- Create and execute an IT agenda aligned with business strategy for respective market/sregions
- Create, socialize and evolve the strategic technology roadmap in partnership with the Global IT functions
- Translate technology concepts into clear, digestible, business appropriate language
- Contribute to business strategy as a member of both the IT and business leadership teams
- Ensure effective alignment of technology to support business strategies
- Utilize Agile methodology to design, implement and orchestrate innovative technology solutions
- Recommend technology solutions to address business needs related to data storage, data manipulation and application functionality
- Ensure the end to end IT service chain delivers value to its stakeholders, including both applications and infrastructure
- Integrate acquired organizations and technology assets
- Leverage metrics and best practices to drive continuous improvement and transformation within teams
- Build relationships to appropriately leverage resources to deliver solutions
- Design an efficient staffing model through leveraging of diversified labor sources
- Provide leadership to a team of people accountable for end-to-end business line technology
- 10+ years of technology leadership experience
- Experience leading global technology teams of 100+ people
- Demonstrated success leveraging technology to meet business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to engage with C-level stakeholders and external clients
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with executives and key business partners to drive a change agenda
- Demonstrated track record of delivering high quality technology solutions using Agile methodology
- Demonstrated and proven end-to-end technical product life-cycle management for applications and platforms
- Broad technology experience, including Digital solutions
- Experience deploying and supporting highly scalable technology solutions
- Demonstrated strategic thinking abilities and an enterprise-wide perspective
- Experience working in a large, global, matrixed environment
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Ability to live in a Latin American country (and commit to a minimum of 2 years on an expat assignment) and ability to travel to other UHC Global locations as needed.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (nationally and internationally)
- Master’s degree
- Fluent in Spanish/Portuguese
- Experience in the Healthcare industry
- Experience moving from legacy platforms to open source and/or cloud-based
- Success driving a shift to a DevOps / Agile delivery model
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Expat, Latin America, CIO, Chief Information Officer, health care, digital, technology, UnitedHealthcare, UHC, Global, UHCG, international