- When a guest enters my area or department, my first and most important responsibility becomes to acknowledge, greet, and engage that guest
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Order product to ensure adequate supply and to maintain product quality, freshness and proper variety.
- Performs receiving duties to include: breaking down loads, cutting cases, stacking, pricing and marking merchandise, organizing cooler and storage areas and refrigerating products immediately.
- Ensure cost, quality and inventory control through verifying orders against invoices, auditing contents of product cases and completing necessary forms and reports accurately.
- Stock, rotate and faces product, prevent shrink and product damage and follows code dating procedures.
- Open and set up butcher block case and closes and pulls down butcher block case according to company procedures.
- Follows daily work schedule as assigned by management.
- Follows dress code in accordance with associate handbook.
- Follows attendance and tardiness guidelines in accordance with associate handbook.
- Performs meat wrapper duties as assigned by management.
- Assist with training new associates.
- Follows management guidelines in respect to filling and maintaining fresh meat counter.
- Replaces market supplies as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned or requested by management.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to work in fast-paced, but efficient and controlled manner.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the meat department duties including but not limited to standing, bending, lifting, squatting, reaching, twisting, climbing and walking.
- Ability to lift to a height of 4 feet, items weighing up to 100 lbs. on a regular basis and push and pull fully loaded hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Hands are frequently exposed to 30F while handling product in the display cases.
- Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary.
- Must be able to operate related equipment including: scales, knives, band saws, meat tenderizers, meat slicers and grinders and keep accurate records.
- Ability to work for periods of up to 8-10 hours in 50 degree temperatures. (Controlled atmosphere for sanitation purposes.)
- Ability to function as an associate and get along with others.
This job description is intended to provide a high-level of general requirements for this position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure proper operations.
Ultimate Service Superior Performance Positive Impact