Reporting to the Director of Marketing Transformation, the Manager of Market & Competitive Intelligence is responsible for building competitive readiness that translates into actionable initiatives to help Waters’ achieve their enterprise strategy. This role will gather and synthesize business and market drivers and retain an up-to-date and detailed assessment of the competitive landscape in order to keep the organization apprised of the latest developments and business impact. In this position, you will work with stakeholders at all levels in the organization to shape the scope, approach and deliverables necessary for competitive readiness including research and recommendations.
This position requires strong business acumen, analytical and research skills and the delivery of high-quality intelligence analytics. In this role you will collaborate across the company including with senior global leaders from Product, Segment Marketing, and the field organization to enhance our market knowledge, and apply those insights to accelerate growth.
- Data Gathering and Reporting: Direct and oversee gathering and analysis of competitive intelligence, industry sales and association/study group data, published surveys, and other sources determined to be efficient and reliable. Direct the development and dissemination of market intelligence summaries, reports, communications, and analysis tools for use by internal stakeholders.
- Develop and manage internal intelligence network
- Oversee collection of external intelligence by building network of sources and working with third-parties.
- Maintain budget for market research and other department spending.
- Analyze information to create intelligence in coordination with Waters’ Key Intelligence Topics
- Apply structured analysis and synthesis to information
- Build and maintain relationships with other functions within Waters, including Finance, Corporate Development, and Scientific Operations
- Ensures output is visible (shared across enterprise) and is actionable and influencing decisions.
- Develop and communicate actionable judgments that influence strategy and decision-making
- Communicate intelligence findings to company stakeholders with impact and clarity.
- Manages multiple complex assignments and produces monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc finished intelligence products. Adjusts framework as needed with feedback from senior leadership
- Adaptive and motivated to build and lead while "rolling up their sleeves" to get it done
- BS/MS in Chemistry, Biology, Marketing or Statistics. MBA in Marketing a plus
- Life Sciences industry experience required
- 8+ years of progressive marketing experience
- Strategic analyst – able to see the “big picture” and relate it to business challenges and opportunities
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think analytically to understand complex or ambiguous problems or issues and communicate solutions/conclusions in a clear and impactful way.
- Superior marketing content and sales tool creation experience
Prior competitive intelligence experience in a high tech / scientific industry
- Technical market research and analytical expertise and conversant in a range of quantitative and qualitative ad hoc research techniques and syndicated business analyses is required.
- Demonstrates ability to influence cross-functional and upper management to impact decision-making; Willingness to “have an opinion” backed up by insight and analytics and the confidence to influence key stakeholders in meetings and one to one basis
- Sense of ethics and responsibility
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive results as a team member and project leader
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.