Job ID: 146073
Suwannee American Cement Company, part of CRH Americas Materials, is the second largest cement supplier in the state of Florida with two world-class cement plants - one located in Branford, FL and the other in Sumterville, FL – as well as an import facility in Port Manatee, FL. Since 2003, we have been manufacturing high-quality cement for the Florida and Southern Georgia construction markets. We are recognized as an industry leader in producing high-quality cement, adopting sustainable practices and reducing the environmental impact of the cement production process. Suwannee American Cement Company has successful, ongoing initiatives focused on quality, the environment and its employees. We value our people – employees, customers, vendors and community members. We strive to offer the best and friendliest customer service and have the commitment, passion and technology to supply the highest quality product. Our core values include a Safe Workplace, Integrity & Trust and the Development of our employees to succeed and grow with the company. We promote a strong safety culture, and have dedicated professionals who are focused on their own safety and the safety of their co-workers.
Market Development Analysts collect and analyze data to evaluate existing and potential clients, markets, products and business opportunities. In this role, the analyst will be responsible to effectively utilizes internal and association reports to estimate market growth and trends affecting growth. Works closely with Sales Teams to maintain a current database of competitor information and an assessment of competitor strengths and weaknesses.
- Complies with all safety policies, procedures, and established safe practices
- Prepare reports on findings while illustrating data with graphs and translating complex results into written texts that are clear and understandable
- Conduct analysis and provide reports to management with competitive benchmarking
- Devise and assess procedures and methods for data collection
- Gather information on competitors, and conduct analysis on their sales, prices and methods of distribution and marketing to thoroughly learn about the competition
- Conduct research regarding marketing strategies and consumer opinions while collaborating with finance, sales, and marketing professionals
- Track and forecast trends in sales and marketing, and analyze in detail the data collected to provide management with thorough reports and results
- Collect and analyze data regarding customers and their preferences, segmentation, buying habits and needs to better identify market potential and factors influencing product demand
- Attend staff conferences to provide management with proposals and information on the distribution, promotion, pricing and design of products and service
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Management, Sales, Marketing, Client Services, or equivalent in training, education or experience in a related field or function. Master’s in business preferred.
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong commitment to safety and have experience contributing to a positive, employee-oriented culture.
- Direct experience in a cement or similar manufacturing environment is a plus
- Market research and analysis experience preferred
- Knowledge of software applications including Salesforce and SAP preferred
- Strong computer skills, including spread sheet and database applications
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and ability to present themselves professionally.
- Strong background in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 360° Partner with demonstrated history of building and maintaining strong relationships
- Innovative spirit to work cross-functionally in developing organizational growth concepts
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Moderate travel required; must be willing to work in or travel to other locations as needed. Must be available as needed during non-traditional work hours.
- Must be able to work independently and with groups.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Develop metrics and strategies to test and enhance performance
- Conduct data analysis to provide support for strategic plans designed to increase revenue.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Suwannee American Cement, LLC. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Market Research Analyst