Provide physical therapy services as assigned and directed under the supervision of a physical therapist, consistent with Nova Medical Centers’ physical therapy treatment philosophy.
- Promotes professional milieu and demeanor while providing physical therapy services.
- Maintains a safe, clean and accommodated working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Develops knowledge of evidence-based practice and demonstrates clinical knowledge of physical therapy services.
- Perform assigned responsibilities from supervising physical therapist that are consistent with safe, legal and ethical physical therapy practice.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Coordinates with Supervising Physical Therapist to provide physical therapy services as specified in the plan of care; respond to acute changes in physiological state; teach other health care providers, patients, and families to perform selected treatment procedures and functional activities.
- Meet with the Market Float, Physical Therapy and or other staff on a regular basis, including off-site to discuss quality of patient care, procedures, records, review of policies, attend training sessions, educational seminars and other issues as required.
- Promote, support and engage in projects, communications and activities which are designed to maintain, develop and/or improve overall teamwork within the center.
- Assist with developing and promoting clear communication between the Physical Therapy department and other center staff members.
- Document treatments per policy and procedure. Demonstrate the ability to exercise proper judgment.
- Partner with the Physical Therapy team to ensure center operations are consistent with policy and professional standards at Nova Medical Centers.
- Graduate of a Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) accredited program
- Current state licensure or the ability to obtain
- CPR certification or ability to obtain
Position Related Experience
- Physical ability to execute job responsibilities which include travel in entire Market.