A Market Host is a customer-focused position, ensuring the customer experience meets Mongolian Concepts standards. Positioned on the guest side of the Market Bar, the Market Hosts' primary responsibility is to interact and guide customers in the Market Area, assisting in their bowl creation, to ensure a great meal, and better experience, is delivered. Market Hosts' additional responsibility is to maintain the Market Area itself, keeping it clean, fresh, and full as well as following all food safety and sanitation standards. A Market Host accurately and efficiently sets up, maintains, and breaks down the Market Area. Market Hosts ensure all product specifications are up to Mongolian Concepts standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists customers in the Market Area
- Partners with Servers and Bartenders to enhance the overall customer experience
- Knowledge of Market Area products, flavor profiles, and specifications
- Follows all recipes and specifications
- Always maintains a calm and inviting demeanor
- Ensures a positive customer experience by ensuring items are always available, of high quality, and made to our specifications
- Maintains a clean, fresh, and full Market Area following current rotation systems in place
- Complies with food safety and sanitation regulations and guidelines
- Capable of performing line checks per health code standards
- Safely and accurately handles equipment, appliances, smallwares, supplies, and tools
- Follows company cash handling policies and procedures
- Maintains valid state and local food handlers and alcohol certifications as applicable
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Advises Restaurant Manager/General Manager/Regional Director of any non-routine situations
- Must demonstrate customer empathy and desire to assist customers with their experience at the Market Area
- Must demonstrate team work consistently
- Must be able to multitask while maintaining standards of operations
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be respectful of all customers, managers, team members, and vendors
- Must have valid state and local food handlers and alcohol certifications as applicable
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 lb.
- Must be capable of constant walking, standing, lifting, reaching, crouching, and carry for long periods of time
- Must be able to reach hands and arms in any direction
- Must be able to stoop repeatedly
- Must be able to engage in fine digit repetitive motion for several hours each shift
Verbal and Reasoning Requirements
Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to co-workers and managers. Must be able to engage in two-way conversation with the customer on the floor. Must have the ability to read and/or follow verbal instructions and implement the same. Must be capable of applying common sense and understanding to carry out oral and/or written instructions. Must understand and adhere to service standards.
I have reviewed this job description and am able to perform the essential functions of the job under the described conditions with or without reasonable accommodation.