Join our kitchen team for an opportunity to advance your culinary career!The Market of Choice kitchen is hiring now for cooks! Our kitchens feature professional, state of the art, modern facilities in a friendly and professional work environment.
Market of Choice is a growing, local company with excellent benefits and opportunity for advancement in Market of Choice.Market of Choice is a growing, local company with excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Our company offers a benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, competitive wages and a matching 401(k) retirement plan.
We are looking for a friendly team player to join our Kitchen Crew! Market of Choice employees create a pleasant in-store atmosphere and provide knowledgeable and friendly customer service.
As Cook, you will report to the Kitchen Manager and some of your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting Chef/Kitchen Manager in daily activities
- Consulting with the Chef/Kitchen Manager on a daily basis to ensure that timing of orders and production schedules are coordinated
- Production of sandwich, salad, entree, catering trays and soup for the hot and cold cases
- Counter work when needed during busy periods
- Timely delivery of assigned orders and other orders as needed
- Assisting the Chef/ Kitchen Manager with ordering and maintaining inventory of fresh, frozen, and sundry products for use in the department
- Training new kitchen workers and assistants
- Prepare deep fried, baked, stove top foods, and salads
- Maintain positive relations with customers, vendors and employees
- Maintain Health and Safety sanitation requirements
- Have a current Food Handler card
The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year professional cooking experience. Applicants should be available any shift including weekends. You must be 18 years or older.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
A diverse community and workplace benefits us all. Market of Choice is committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified applicants as well as giving people of all backgrounds an opportunity to work and contribute to our company and community. We uphold our tradition of valuing our employees by providing equal opportunities to all applicants.