Marketing Analyst (3-6 month contract)
Analytics | Santa Clara, CA
The organization: Customer Analytics
The Customer Analytics team is central to Chegg – we use data and analyses to support every business line and the marketing and product organizations. We are a team composed of analysts, data scientists, economists, mathematicians, statisticians and engineers. Our group is part of the larger data organization at Chegg that focuses on enabling data and insights at scale. We use a world-class set of instrumentation, analysis and data science technologies to transform our data into insights and then into knowledge. While the analytics group is centralized, we heavily partner with our stakeholders to ensure insights delivered are directly usable for decision making and ultimately adds value to Chegg. In short, we are a diverse team who absolutely love working with data to help Chegg deliver on our Student First mission!
The role: Marketing Analyst
We are looking for a Marketing Analyst to help support overall marketing strategy and operations at Chegg. You will anticipate and analyze the conversion funnel performance. You will partner with the marketing, product, and business teams to guide key decisions based on your analyses and insights. You will present recommendations for effective user acquisition/retention to key marketing and other stakeholders. Key to the role is having the curiosity, domain expertise and technical skills to understand and quantify efforts that impact user acquisition and retention. Working with other Analytics team members, you will balance multiple analytics efforts with several organizations, leveraging innovative problem-solving methods to deliver key insights that drive new user growth, longer retention and better student experience.
- Partner closely with marketing and other teams across the organization to identify impactful business problems, translate them into structured analyses, actionable insights, and over time, analytic models, reports, and dashboards for scalable monitoring.
- Partner with marketing and other teams to forecast the conversion funnel performance, analyze issues/opportunities within conversion funnel, and support the teams as necessary to resolve/implement them.
- Use exploratory data analysis techniques to quickly identify meaningful relationships, patterns, or trends that help stakeholders understand marketing performance and emerging business opportunities and risks.
- Present analyses and recommendations to a wide audience, including senior business stakeholders and company-wide execs.
- Collaborate with other analysts/data scientists to provide recommendations based on collective learning across various analytics efforts in the organization.
- 3+ years of previous experience in Analytics in a B2C company and in an enterprise, data-driven environment
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (e.g. engineering, sciences, math, statistics, business or economics) required. Master's degree in a quantitative field preferred.
- Must have strong SQL and data manipulation skills.
- Experience with one or more databases like Redshift, Postgres, etc.
- Experience with predictive modeling, forecasting, and multivariate regression analysis
- Experience creating dashboards and key metrics. Familiarity with BI platforms such as Tableau a plus
- Experience in web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics or others a plus
- Proven ability to question data, assumptions and tactics, develop an analytic approach, and deploy a variety of techniques such as time-series trend analysis, multivariate segmentation and A/B tests to guide strategy and operational decision-making
- Self-motivated, independent, organized and proactive, highly responsive, flexible and adaptable when working across multiple teams
- Passionate about producing high-quality analytics deliverables and communicating results to a broad audience
- Ability to prioritize and deliver within a fast-paced, dynamic environment