Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our Automotive Sales & Customer Service group is seeking to add a Marketing Analyst to its team. This position supports the overall marketing function within the global Aleris automotive business. The position takes the lead on North America (NA) marketing activities such as maintaining the automotive market database (lexicon), executing of marketing communication plan activities and supporting the Vice President, Sales NA Automotive, in other activities like the implementation of the Aleris Product Management (APM) process. The Marketing Analyst works closely with the regional NA functions (Sales, Field Engineering, R&D) as well as the global functions (marketing, automotive senior management) to ensure the NA automotive regional strategy/activities are well coordinated with global automotive strategy/activities.
- Lead process implementation of a new global automotive market dBase for NA customers.
- Lead the coordination of specific supply / demand scenario analysis requests for NA customers.
- Support specific pricing analysis requests (e.g. effect of inter-regional sales) as needed.
- Represent marketing in specific ongoing Aleris projects. This includes market opportunity scoping, business case development, etc. Work closely with technology (field engineering, R&D) to move products through the development cycle.
- Advocate the APM process within the NA Aleris Automotive team. coordination/organization for training sessions, helping teams to enter projects into APM, etc.
- Lead the gathering of local market- and competitive intelligence via customer visits, trade fair attendance, etc. where required.
- Preparation of period Sales & Marketing report out (coordinated with Corporate team)
- Support the development and lead the implementation of the NA automotive marketing communication plan (manage trade fair / conference attendance and presentations, etc.).
- Lead NA market communication initiatives to develop product launch material, portfolio brochure material and press releases in joint cooperation with the Aleris communications manager.
- Support strategy development and investment cases where required.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Marketing, Business Management or Engineering).
- 5+ years of working in commercial (preferably marketing) or product management function in a technical B2B environment.
- Experience in the automotive industry or industry with similar dynamics.
- Strong understanding of project management.
- Background in material sciences or in the materials industry (e.g. aluminum, other metals, high performance polymers or similar would be an asset).
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and cross culturally.
- Commercially oriented.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical thinker.
- Ability to influence and persuade peers, employees, customers, suppliers and other functions.
- International experience (work, study, other) desirable.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.