ThriftBooks is the world’s largest used book retailer! We believe in a workplace where respect for our employees matters, where promoting from within is how we grow, and where safety comes first in all our decisions and planning. At ThriftBooks, your work will help get inexpensive books into the hands of people who need them instead of going into landfill. We strive to create a friendly work environment with high standards of performance and rewards for excellence. We started out small and remember that encouraging people to do their best is how we expanded to our current scale.
If you want to learn about the intersection of technology, innovation, and good old-fashioned teamwork, we might be a good fit for you. Wherever you start in the company, our hope is that is a launching point to higher achievement. At ThriftBooks, your success is up to you.
We strive to make data-driven marketing part of everything we do by leveraging strategic use of customer, transactional, behavioral and market data across channels. As the Manager, Marketing Analytics , you will provide data and analytical support to the VP of Sales and Marketing, and help build a discipline around using data to continuously improve marketing strategy. This position will support Marketing to identify, integrate, analyze and leverage 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data to improve segmentation, targeting, messaging, attribution, product analytics and personalization across all marketing channels.
- Deliver action-oriented insights to further optimize the ThriftBooks marketing strategy, improve targeting approach and guide product decisions
- Support the evolution of marketing attribution including developing testing strategies around incrementality and cross-channel interactivity to further iterate marketing strategy
- Assist in development of analytics roadmaps, establishing key milestones and deliverables.
Customer and Insights:
- Leverage hands-on technical skills to produce analyses in various topics such as customer segmentation, advertising performance, attribution, ROI and LTV
- Assist in customer segmentation analysis, reporting and management, including LTV and churn management model.
- Assist in Loyalty program measurement and analysis, weekly and monthly
- Collaborate with Data Science team to develop and implement predictive models into various stages of marketing funnels
- Establish strong working partnerships with team members from Marketing, Finance, Data Science, Engineering and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to develop reliable structured data models and definitions that support the ThriftBooks operating objectives
- 4-6 years of experience working as a high performing marketing and/or data science team member at an ecommerce company
- Experience in measuring online marketing strategy using various methodologies such as incrementality, attribution and cross-channel interaction
- Hands-on technical experience including proficiency in SQL, Python, data visualization, advanced Excel, and advanced analytical tools
- Skilled at operating in a cross-functional organization where teams need to collaborate and integrate with other teams across many disciplines
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to articulate with both technical and business partners
- Ability to create effective frameworks to aid discussion of complicated topics
- B.S. in a business or quantitative field such as Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent. Masters preferred.