This person will be responsible for overseeing customer communications and marketing and advertising. The MarComm Manager is responsible for creating customer-facing messages and campaigns that make ES&S’ value propositions simple, clear, concise and compelling, being used in gaining new customers, retaining current ones, and educating the election industry stakeholders and general public. This position is responsible for ensuring continuity of brand messages across materials and departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Content Development - Create, write, edit and deliver content in support of Marketing strategy. This responsibility includes but is not limited to copywriting, copy editing, developing marketing content strategy for product literature and documentation, RFP response materials, videos, website, case studies, emails, social media and search engine optimization (SEO). Communications must be written in a manner that presents complex information in understandable, layperson terms.
- Strategic Marketing - Create and execute a communication plan and editorial calendar. Develop strategy and campaigns to influence the market by keeping tabs on the competitive environment and industry trends. This includes but is not limited to search of competitor websites, social media including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and industry resources.
- Brand Management – Ensure effective, branded marketing communications across all channels, including the company website, print communication and other deliverables. Manage the website content to align with business objectives.
- Positioning - Optimize the value proposition of the brand and support go-to-market communications by through collaboration with stakeholders, including but not limited to Sales, Proposals, Account Management, Public Relations, and Product Development.
- Creative Direction – Ensure messages are clearly communicated through design by providing guidance to the Sr. Graphic Designer.
- Executive Messaging – Support executive leadership public facing communication needs.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English Writing, Marketing or related degree preferred.
Experience: At least 4 years of experience in:
- developing and executing communications strategies, plans, and programs
- creating messages across an array of marketing communications channels – website, print, emails and videos
- translating complex information into understandable copy
- writing for several/varying audiences in a business-to-business (B2B) environment
- project management
Competencies: The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with top-notch writing skills who is as comfortable with quick-turn assignments and in-depth projects. The role requires someone who can prioritize and manage time effectively, is open to change, has a friendly can-do attitude and pays attention to detail. He/she will have a strong creative, visual, and editorial point of view and a proven track record of delivering engaging content.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Strong knowledge of English grammar (AP style) and a hawk’s eye for proofreading
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving department and evolving industry
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time effectively to meet goals and deadlines
- Strong passion for serving and understanding customer messaging
- Familiarity and comfort using: social media management system (Hootsuite), social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign)
Licenses/Certifications Required: None
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment which routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, and photocopiers. Work hours may vary including nights and weekends based on project requirements.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Approximately 15% travel is expected.
Security: Required to consistently demonstrate adherence to all security requirements and accepted practices as contained in the current ES&S Security Policy. Incumbents must proactively read, comprehend and adhere to all ES&S security policies, practices and procedures regarding the safety and safekeeping of co-workers, products, services and other intellectual property as defined in the ES&S New Business and Non-disclosure, or Proprietary matters, Confidential matters and Non-Competition agreements, and the current ES&S Security Policy Manual.
EEO Statement: In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at ES&S will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. ES&S does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, or because of past, current, or future military obligations or any other characteristics protected by law.
This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
E-Verify: ES&S shall electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees and shall submit a query to E-Verify for any newly-hired employee after completion of the I-9 process and no later than the end of the third business day after the employee’s actual start date.