Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Communications Specialist supports marketing programs with an emphasis on content creation, aided by market research intelligence. This position is responsible for developing compelling content to drive awareness, foster engagement, and deliver sales and customer retention. The Marketing Communications Specialist conducts online research and interviews subject matter experts to gather information and data, and translate it into on-brand content for a predominantly technical audience.
To be successful this person will have a good grasp of our products, our customers and competitors by conducting market research and competitive intelligence to support the content creation process as well as various marketing and sales initiatives.
Responsibilities include managing customer and prospect database and inputting data found via available online sources.
- Develop high-value web and print content that describes and promotes our products and services in markets, including but not limited to aerospace, tooling, automotive, and construction.
- Conduct market research to learn the competitive landscape and provide for use in various sales and marketing projects.
- Manage customer database and build prospect data used for email promotions and sales prospecting activities.
- Proofread and edit marketing materials and other documents as needed.
- Other duties, including special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, or related field.
- 1-3 years’ professional experience in content marketing and creation. B2B experience required.
- Proven professional experience writing whitepapers and articles with a technical audience in mind. Work samples required.
- Exceptional writing, editing and research skills, knowledge of AP Style.
- Some experience in market research techniques and data analysis.
- Resourceful, agile problem-solver, highly collaborative, energetic and self-starting.
- Ability to prioritize, meet tight deadlines and work independently.
- Attention to detail and quality with strong proofreading skills.
- Effective and pleasant in personal and communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, AP Style, copy-writing.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail a must.