Join the revolution! Big things are happening at Dallas Market Center, as the world’s most complete wholesale marketplace launches a new era of vision, creativity and industry leadership. Your headquarters? DMC’s five million-square-foot showroom-filled campus, attracting 200,000 buyers each year. Your assignment? Connect with retailers and designers through clever content to drive sales, attendance and engagement. Love marketing? Love emails? Love social media and blogging? This is the job for you.
• Work with marketing team and cross-functional partners to create and implement email campaigns, email newsletters, corporate blog posts, organic and paid social media, company website copy, public relations materials and general communications content
• Assist with content strategy for communications platforms
• Creates content for marketing email campaigns including copywriting, gathering images and coordinating graphic design and deployment
• Creates content for email newsletters, including copywriting, gathering images and coordinating graphic design and deployment
• Co-manages corporate blog, including edit calendar creation and copywriting posts
• Coordinate organic social media programming and content, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
• Coordinate paid social media content, including targeted advertisements across multiple industries
• Grow followers and engagement across all social platforms; track and measure the level of engagement within our audiences over time
• Cultivate relationships with trade publications, bloggers and national consumer press to increase media coverage and awareness of the Dallas Market Center brand
• Draft, distribute and place numerous press releases in national trade and consumer publications; develop and pitch story ideas to media; draft talking points for media interviews
• Organize, maintain and update key media contacts
• Track and archive print and online coverage; post and circulate as needed
• Work closely with a photographer and video specialist during Markets to capture commerce and product images for distribution and posting
• Compile post-market content performance reports and analytics
• Other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Liberal Arts, or related field
• 2-4 years of marketing experience; familiarity with the principles of marketing
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, AP Stylebook and social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest)
• Training in copywriting and an understanding of how to create content that motivates an audience
• Project management skills per email campaign management, editorial calendar management, social media plans and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns
• Office Environment – Ability to sit for vast majority of work shift. During markets, duties are more strenuous and require light lifting, moving and a significant amount of walking.
• Communication: Communicates effectively in writing; is clear, concise and easily understood. Effectively listens to others and makes clear and effective oral presentations to individuals and groups regarding work-unit or organization issues.
• Decisiveness: Assesses risks and takes the appropriate actions needed to achieve work-unit objectives within appropriate time frames.
• Flexibility: Adapts to change in the work environment in ways that help work-unit staff keep projects “on course.”
• Integrity: Firmly adheres to a code of moral values; is honest and forthright in actions and words.
• Interpersonal Skills: Considers and appropriately responds to the needs, feelings, capabilities and interests of others.
• Leadership: Identifies and adapts leadership style to situations and people; demonstrates high standards of behavior; empowers subordinates; consistently and effectively motivates work unit.
• Planning: Establishes policies, guidelines, plans, and priorities required to meet work-unit or organization objectives.
• Problem Solving: Recognizes and defines problems; challenges others to identify alternative solutions, and plans to solve those problems.
• Resource Utilization: Responsibly spends financial resources in ways that result in ultimate accomplishment of work-unit or organizational objectives. Effectively and efficiently uses materials, supplies, equipment, systems or organization facilities.
• Self-Management: Engages in the effective use of self-assessment and self-management techniques in order to proactively and continuously improve own performance. Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
• Time Management: Effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs).