The purpose of the Marketing Coordinator is to support the company in its marketing initiatives, including all aspects related to promoting the business, company name, products and services. The main focus of this position is to assist the marketing team by creating, implementing and managing marketing plans, campaigns and projects. A Marketing Coordinator also ensures the accuracy and branding of marketing content, such as website material, artwork, and literature.
Duties and responsibilities
- Reviews all project requests to determine requirements. Determines methods and procedures for project completion.
- Meets with team to outline project requirements, designate personnel responsible for each project phase and establish scope of authority. Reviews status of each phase and modifies schedules as needed.
- Performs advanced work related to the production of advertisements, customer communications, marketing and presentation campaigns.
- Reviews status of each phase and modifies schedules as needed.
- Assists in the development of merchandising ideals, display vehicles and sampling.
- Implements product packaging requirements and compliance with corporate identity standards.
- Provide centralized support for the organization and execution of trade shows, company events, sponsorship, and customer communications.
- Ensure deadlines are met and that all brands and images are well represented.
- Maintenance of samples/displays in the showroom and Design Center
Customer Driven Marketing
- Conceptualize and develop marketing concepts including promotions and literature.
- Provide support to projects through cooperation, communication and copywriting.
- Ensure deadlines and customer requirements are met within timelines as agreed
Sales Team Support
- Support sales teams with general marketing requests and communicate any company updates.
- Examples � Private label branded projects, advertisements, customer communications (product announcements/discontinuations, Campaigner), swag, signage for events, and customer communications.
- Proofing of artwork and samples
- Assist in photography of displays, swatches, or other
- Special projects as needed � competitive analysis, demographic research, database maintenance, photography search, POS distribution, etc.
- Other duties as assigned/required
- Bachelors Degree or Diploma � Marketing, Communications or related area
- 2-4 years experience in a similar marketing role
- Competency in Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of Graphics and Design programs (InDesign, Adobe, etc.) is an asset
- Basic understanding of website platforms such as WordPress
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability with work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
Key Performance Indicators
- Maintaining successful relationships with other departments, branches, venues and associate companies.
- Ability to meet strict deadliness.
- Production of high quality marketing material, printed with accuracy.
Working conditions (if applicable)
Heavily team orientated position.
Physical requirements (if applicable)
Some lifting required. Mobility required for packing, setting up and dismantling marketing material.