Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5pm
The Marketing Coordinator is a vital part of our sales and marketing teams. This position assists with administration and communication to support our sales teams and customers in all Divisions. The marketing coordinator stays informed about the market, industry trends, and the competitive landscape, while helping strategize and implement marketing, branding, and advertising plans. Day to day, he or she may create or coordinate content, track results, coordinate social media campaigns, build relationships with sales teams, maintain promotional materials inventory, attend sales meetings, assist with trade shows or events and otherwise support all marketing strategies.
Qualified individuals will be able to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment; self-motivated; flexible; extremely organized; very detail-oriented; confident and diplomatic in dealing with competing departmental objectives and varied personalities; a strong problem solver; able to work well under pressure in order to meet project deadlines; and will have a positive attitude.
Essential Responsibilities Include but Not Limited To
- Developing and implementing short and long-term marketing strategies and advertising campaigns in order to create and increase brand awareness
- Supporting marketing project development under the direction of the Marketing Manager
- Fostering and executing marketing and advertising campaigns by analyzing Sales forecasts
- Managing on-going marketing and advertising campaigns and plans, while ensuring that every initiative is aimed at increasing brand awareness
- Assisting the Marketing Manager with the implementation of online marketing strategies through social media accounts
- Giving ideas, recommendations, and plans to contribute to the optimization of marketing strategies
- Scheduling promotional presentations, maintaining an annual project calendar, and ensuring deadlines are respected
- Assisting Marketing Manager in the target delimitation for products, brands, or services
- Researching, analyzing and summarizing market trends
- Studying competitors market behaviour and strategies
- Keeping up-to-date on industry activities and trends
- Overseeing marketing material:
- Coordinating, editing, and optimizing any material concerning advertising, branding, and marketing
- Reviewing each project to guarantee it complies with the product’s information before its submission to the Marketing Manager
- Ensuring that every material is consistent with planned marketing strategies; and
- Monitoring and maintaining promotional materials inventory, when necessary.
- Providing assistance to the Sales team in order to achieve the company’s goals:
- Giving marketing advice and support for a better understanding of the brand’s voice and personality to determine the most profitable mean of distribution.
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes
- Medical/Dental Vision
- Holiday/Vacation/Sick Pay
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program
- 50% Subsidized ORCA Pass
- 100% Employer Paid College Program
- 401(k) available
- College Degree; with a major in Marketing, Communications (preferred, not required)
- Ability to follow directions and take initiative when required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products, willingness to learn new software solutions
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms, with a strong emphasis on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Adaptability/Flexibility, with the ability to react quickly to changing requirements from internal and external conditions while maintaining good communication with all parties involved.
- Critical Thinking: Use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Graphic Design skills a plus
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.