ADMINISTATIVE MARKETING ASSISTANT
We are a leading Distributor and online Retailer of home entertainment products seeking a highly motivated individual who excels at multi-tasking to be a part of our retail marketing team. You will have the opportunity to work with major and independent labels and studios developing your marketing skills at the retail and distribution level. The ideal candidate is someone looking to begin a career in marketing, is detail-oriented, must possess excellent oral communication skills and display strong organizational skills. The candidate must be proficient in excel and comfortable with working in web-based systems. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (includes, but are not limited to):
- Update, maintain and manage ongoing internal files
- Update, maintain, create and manage folderorganizational files and systems
- Interfaces with label, studios and distributors to set up advertising
- Supports the preparation and proofing of marketing programs
- Preparing files, vetting submission lists and data from suppliers
- Book advertising using internal and external marketing systems
- Supply back up advertising information upon request
- Tracking and reporting.
SKILLS AND KEY COMPETENCIES (includes, but are not limited to):
- Excellent writing, phone, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with common PC applications, including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Advanced Excel application skills are necessary including: (V-look Up, merging files, basic adding, subtracting and percentage formulas, concatenate, rounding, duplicate checks, etc.). The ability to fix problematic excel files.
- Ability to work independently under pressure.
- Ability to display strong organizational skills in order to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to consistently achieve superior results working in a fast-paced environment and under the pressure of tight time requirements.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to manage and maintain a high-volume workflow
- Ability to manage the nuances of each supplier to meet their marketing requirements
- Basic digital marketing experience including paid search, paid social media, analytics and more.
- Keen interest in pop culture, music, movies and television.