Primary Location: United States (US)- Illinois (US-IL)- Moline
Function: Marketing / Sales
Title: Marketing/Customer Product Support Development Program 2021a- 68646
The Marketing/Customer Support Representative Development Program prepares new employees for a career of significant roles in John Deere's Equipment divisions. Through three rotational assignments over a 15-18 month period, marketing reps develop company, product and customer knowledge. Varied work assignments include experience with John Deere's product lines, marketing and customer support activities, and the independent dealer organization. There are two similarly structured career paths, Sales & Marketing or Customer & Product Support, that marketing reps choose based on education, interests and opportunity, which prepares employees for full-time positions in marketing & sales and customer & product support.
Professional marketing and project management assignments develop an understanding of sales, marketing, distribution and product support processes. Assignments also provide learning and experience with John Deere products and the competition. This position may lead to early career positions such as Aftermarket Manager, Sales Promotion Coordinator, Marketing Project Manager or Training Instructor. Key experiences and job duties will vary by platform, product line, regions and branches, but may include:
- Fulfill a variety of developmental assignments to gain unit and field experience.
- Participate in, develop, and deliver dealer and company personnel training on new products, processes (sales/marketing), promotions, systems, and technology.
- Develop and implement defined marketing and sales strategies, such as tactical marketing plans and go-to-market plans for dealer implementation.
- Interface with sales regions, platform marketing, and the dealer organization to provide information and data to improve processes related to tactical marketing, sales, and dealer and customer experience.
- Refine and implement marketing and sales strategies to enable and support the use of technology to improve and support dealer and customer processes.
- Travel with selected field managers to gain experience with the dealer channel for marketing, sales and service.
- Lead factory Dealer Technical Assistance Center (DTAC) projects enabling dealers to provide resolutions to product concerns and assist dealers in offering distinctive customer experience.
- Address product performance issues or product problem resolution through activities such as performing quality audits, early detection problem resolution (EDPR) visits, and evaluating failures per machine (FPM) to assist in maximizing customer uptime.
- Develop and implement defined support strategies, such as go-to-market support plans, to provide a consistent John Deere experience across all platforms, dealers, and regions.
What You Need
- Completed Bachelors or Masters/MBA, Ag Systems Technology, Marketing, Ag Business, Agronomy (with a business option), Mechanical / Agricultural / General Engineering, Construction Management or other related degrees
- Desired cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Minimum GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 required
- Willing to travel up to 50%
- Valid Driver's License and ability to rent a car
- Intermediate proficiency using standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability to analyize data
- Willing to relocate to any John Deere location in the U.S. during the rotational program and for full-time position assignment.
Work Statement: US Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click hereto find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.