Marketing Analytics – Outbound Marketing
Anixter is a Fortune 500 company and a leading global supplier of communication and security products and electrical and electronic wire and cable. Our high-performing team works closely with customers and the community to better understand their business challenges specify cost-saving solutions and make informed purchasing decisions around technologies, applications and relevant standards. Please view our video for more information about Anixter.
Anixter offers competitive salary and a bonus program to reward your results. We are known for our exceptional training and on-going development programs to support your career growth including a tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees excellent benefits including medical, dental, 401(k) with employer match, and additional company provided retirement benefits.
This job is in Anixter’s OEM Business Solutions and Analytics office, which partners with the Global Account Managers and field sales teams to enhance customer engagement, grow revenues, cut cost-to serve, and stay ahead of the market.
This entry-level position is responsible for working with the Division Director to improve the data reporting processes and drive decisions based on our data. This position would be responsible for independently developing creative ways to match our customer’s needs, from querying to visualization for customer feedback, to invoicing needs improvements. For instance, one of our largest service offerings is variable copper pricing, she or he will work to identify copper adjustment agreements that are eligible be onboarded into the current system and audit/recover leaks from existing programs. This person would work actively and independently with the Director to develop these processes and then execute on them (60% ad-hoc reporting & analysis / 20% tools creation / 20% process improvement). Other programs would be, for instance, developing models for a la carte customer supply chain invoicing needs (e.g. special deliveries, cuts, wire striping ect.), customer facing dashboards and analytics.
This is a combination Marketing/Analytical position because this person is tasked with acting cross departmentally between the sales organization, our customers, and our internal finance and systems teams. This position will:
- Create and run auditable reports to send to our customers to collect among other things, but mainly, our copper deltas
- Work with the global sales teams and customers to come up with creative ways to bill services (it’s important that this person engage every geographic region)
- Develop tools for automating reporting and billing processes and create models utilizing the data to improve pricing, shipping, stocking, and other processes
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Ability to define and convey key metrics to help understand performance of channels (i.e. email) as it relates to a Member's engagement and journey
- Learns analytic methods and develops consistent process of analysis
- Proficient at telling a story with data to convince a client audience
- Ability to translate complex data analysis into laymen’s terms for non-technical business users
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (Marketing), Analytics, Finance, or another relevant field
- 0-2 years’ experience in a business environment
- Advanced capability in using traditional analytics software such as (Access, SQL, Excel, PowerBi, Python, R)
- Strong proficiency in PowerPoint and Word, with a working knowledge of data visualization tools (Dashboards, PowerBI)
- Strong attention to detail, focus on efficiency, and delivers work with accuracy
- Loves numbers and digging into data
- Possess communication and collaboration skills to effectively work with internal/external stakeholders
- All respondents please also answer the following question:
The average rainfall in Miami between June 1 to August 31 was 3 cm per day. Between Sept 1 and November 30, the average was 3.5 cm/day. When adding the September to November data to review the total rainfall between June 1 to Nov 30 compared to June/August data the average would: (1) Decrease (2) Increase (3) Stay the same (4) Not enough data
Our founders developed the Blue Book more than 40 years ago to present the beliefs and ethos that define our business style. While we have grown and changed dramatically since we were established in 1957, one thing has remained constant: our commitment to the values presented in the Blue Book. You can review The Blue Book here.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran. We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.