Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
We’re looking for an experienced and versatile Manager of Marketing Experiences who is eager to develop and execute a variety of events across the KeHE enterprise. Your mission: to wow our audiences and immerse them in the KeHE brand of Goodness, while increasing show revenue and driving topline sales goals.
This person will drive KeHE’s overall experience strategy, by preparing for and executing the many in-person and virtual shows and events the team hosts and attends throughout the year. They will work closely with marketing leadership to execute KeHE’s event-based brand activation, including leading the entire show process from start-to-finish (planning, set up, registration, attendee experience, etc.), and proving return on investment (ROI) for all KeHE event participation. This includes, but is not limited to:
- The KeHE Summer Show
- The KeHE Holiday Show
- The KeHE Virtual Winter Show
- The KeHE Regional Shows
- The KeHE International Show
- The KeHE Cares Golf Outing Fundraiser
- All external industry tradeshows (including Expo West/East, Summer/Winter Fancy Food)
An ideal candidate has experience in the hospitality/events industry, while also being comfortable with day-to-day marketing activities to best reach event attendees like digital communications and extracting insights from data to make decisions. A track record of developing and executing on a long-term strategy, thriving with tight deadlines, and adapting to the marketplace’s changing needs, is also preferred. If you are a people-person who is ready to grow with KeHE, we want to hear from you.
- Work with Marketing leadership to develop and hone – and then execute on -KeHE’s event strategy and objectives. You will act as KeHE ambassador at all events we attend
- Analyze, track, and report on event ROI based on goal metrics around attendee engagement, show booth and sponsorships sold, KeHE product sales, and more
- Lead a team of internal and external partners to develop and execute KeHE’s booth presence at external shows
- Manage event budgets to plan for multiple concurring shows and adjust accordingly when changes arise. The ability to understand and analyze financial statements to drive profitable growth is also needed in this role.
- Negotiate and execute contracts for large- and small-scale events
- Sell exhibitor sponsorships for each show to achieve budget goals
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with KeHE suppliers, brokers, customers and prospects
- Travel frequently – up to 40% of your time will be spent traveling to various events once post-COVID travel resumes
- Manage a team of event marketing specialists
- Work with KeHE creative team ensure all aspects of the event accurately represent the KeHE brand
- Other duties and special projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Hospitality, Communications, or related field
- 5+ years experience; events and/or natural products industry a plus
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including some weekends and to travel up to 40% (when regular business travel resumes)
- Data-driven marketing mind with eye for creativity and experience interpreting data to making business recommendations to improve performance
- Competitive spirit that is not easily discouraged or daunted. Does not give up easily and finds effective ways to surmount obstacles and navigate inter- departmental dynamics.
- A people-person who loves to network on KeHE’s behalf
- A track record of:
- Managing multiple, complex, and highly visible projects at the executive level
- Presenting material in a polished and articulate manner with strong presentation skills to people at all organizational levels.
- Managing multiple projects at a time and remain highly organized with an acute attention to detail
- Carrying out event marketing efforts, including trade show planning, attendance, and reporting
- Skills needed:
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Experience with Registration Platforms and company software: Cvent, Showcare, Salesforce