This is a full-time, salaried position that reports to the Marketing Manager and supports the Sales, Branding and Marketing activities for all Paragon Events divisions (events, association management, and marketing) in addition to external client projects. The Marketing Generalist is to position the brand Paragon Events and its clients in the marketplace using our authentic brand voice to gain top brand position and increase sales across all business units.
The Marketing Generalist is an organized, proactive team player. Their energy is infectious, bringing positivity and continuous support to those around them. Working across multiple divisions, their ability to collaborate, foster relationships and bring solutions to the table are essential assets that allow them to act as a strong leader.
The Marketing Generalist is defined by a solid work ethic, with strong personal and professional integrity. They regularly acknowledge the contributions of those around them and, more importantly, understand how those contributions fit into the success of each business unit. The Marketing Generalist is instrumental in bringing the business units closer through open dialogue and the sharing of both internal and industry best practices.
Reports to: Marketing Manager, VP of Operations, and the President & CEO
- Calendar management of all projects to budget.
- Comply with and actively manage marketing budgets for department and client projects.
- Manage and implement online and email marketing initiatives.
- Design, develop, and distribute content marketing deliverables.
- Monitor online marketing and social media trends and best practices.
- Manage creation of graphics and illustrative copy.
- Conduct market research and monitor industry trends and behaviors.
- Perform support duties including but not limited to: database management, reporting and analytics, maintaining marketing materials, managing sales and marketing software tools
- RFP generation management
- Manage established partnership relationships
- Participate in key industry organizations
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or communications
- Minimum 2 years of experience in marketing
- Strong project management skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Photoshop
- Experience with Adobe Suite
- Experience with social media tools
- Experience with writing and editing copy a plus
- Familiarity with CMS and marketing analytics tools (Google Analytics) a plus
- Familiarity with SEO and keyword research best practices a plus
The ideal candidate is
- Capable of handling multiple tasks with competing priorities under minimal supervision
- Able to think critically and exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Technologically savvy and resourceful
- Results-oriented and solution-focused with a problem-solving attitude
- Team player
- Able to exercise strong attention to detail
- An effective communicator in speaking and writing
- Self-motivated with a learning attitude and a sense of urgency
- Highly organized
- Able to work nights/weekends when needed
- Passionate about hospitality and marketing/communications
Applicants should be prepared to submit or provide a portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge and expertise. At least 2-3 writing samples should be included, along with any designs or campaigns that the candidate has supported.
Based on experience