AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
Oracle Arena and Oakland/Alameda County Coliseum are AEG Facilities-managed venues and Northern California's premiere sports and entertainment venues home to the Oakland Athletics (MLB), Oakland Raiders (NFL) and Golden State Warriors (NBA). Additionally, we host the top entertainers, family shows and special events at our venues.
The marketing intern is an entry-level role within AEG Oakland. This position will execute extensive research, data entry, and AEG Community Foundation support. This position may also be responsible for marketing administrative tasks including promotions, distributing flyers, general administrative tasks, and other tasks as assigned. This internship will include a semester long project that will revolve around researching and compiling social media data.
This position will be for the Fall 2019 Semester (September - December)
- Support the Marketing Department through administrative tasks, research, organized tracking, and creative problem solving
- Assist with the planning and execution of AEG Community foundation events
- Update media lists weekly and ensure they are accurate
- Work with Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Microsoft Teams platforms
- Assist with promoting Oracle Arena events; including flyer distribution at local events and festivals.
- Assist with updating the website and with email marketing as necessary
- Assist with brainstorming and executing marketing promotions and activations
- Turn in weekly reports with details on tasks worked on and/or completed each week
- Must be enrolled at an accredited college/university as a full-time student for the duration of the internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Interest and experience in live event marketing, social media marketing, and grassroots marketing
- Ability to work independently in a small office environment, solve problems
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.