Lyman Companies is seeking a Marketing Intern for the summer of 2020! This position will be based out of Excelsior, MN.
Our Internship Program is customized to expose students to different areas of work while matching career interest with projects. This 12 week paid program features three work dimensions; fundamentals, other duties, and project work.
Marketing Intern Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a plan to bring awareness to community service contributions among employees, customers, and prospective employees.
- Create a branding awareness plan and an employment value proposition for prospective employees to assist the HR team in recruitment.
- Make an assessment of all Lyman Companies web and social media properties, and make a recommendation to the Executive team on a prioritized path to improvement.
- Develop an assessment of all internal employee communications using voice of customer. Make recommendations to the Leadership Team on improvements.
- Attend meetings, events, and other networking opportunities.
- Additional duties as assigned by Manager and Mentor.
Job Classification and Compensation:
- Interns earn a competitive hourly wage
- This position is considered full-time for the duration of the internship
- After 40 hours worked per week this position is eligible for overtime (1 � times hourly wage)
- Interns are not eligible for Lyman Companies benefits
Qualifications and Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Full-time student who is in good standing with their college or university
- On track to a bachelor�s or associate�s degree in an accredited program in Marketing or related fields.
- Legally able to work in the United States.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience with Microsoft desktop applications and Windows.
- Other skills � must possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and internal customers and associates. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference; must be able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and draw valid conclusions, solve practical problems and to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Physical demands include lifting up to 50 lbs. on a random basis, standing, walking or sitting for extended periods of time, and bending or stooping. Ability to travel and perform according to the requirements of the position; valid driver license