Summary & Reports to: Reporting to the Marketing Department the Marketing Interns main responsibility is to build strong brand awareness within the community surrounding our locations. Your goal should be to come to work each day with a ready to go attitude!
At The Edge Fitness Clubs our mission is to offer extraordinary fitness facilities, innovative programming and an energetic, friendly staff to ensure our members love coming to our clubs, always enjoy their fitness experience, and see the results of their hard work. Ultimately giving our members... an EDGE in life.
Your creative ability to bring ideas to the table and help better the marketing department will dictate your success.
Duties & Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Brand Management
- Engage with marketing department on a regular basis to brainstorm ideas for new and innovative marketing and social media campaigns
- Guerilla Marketing efforts
- Assist with Researching and Organizing Events
- Input data
- Assist with social media engagement, create contest, research content for posting
- Assist with gathering data for marketing reports and supporting a variety of marketing promotions
- Researching industry-specific sites (blogs, forums, etc.) for product reviews, customer comments, and other relevant marketing information
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and other social media platforms
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Education & Experience:
- College Student earning school credit through internship
- Background or Interest in: Marketing/Advertising/Graphic Design/Business/Health/Sport Management
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Must be able to work 2-3 days a week
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrates a “roll up the sleeves” mentality
- Must have a passion for fitness
- Must have a passion to help people
- Must have a driver’s license and clean driving record
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) a plus
Customer Service Orientation: Listens and responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer’s satisfaction; respects all internal and external customers; uses a team approach when dealing with customers; follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction; measures customer satisfaction effectively; commits to exceeding customer expectations.
Integrity & Trust: Demonstrates consistently sound personal and business ethics and behaviors. Builds trust with others through openness and candor. Communicates intentions, ideas, and feelings openly and directly.
Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on situation.
Product Knowledge Expertise: The ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge of how our products and services work, know the ins and outs of the products and services just like a customer who uses it every day would.
Teamwork: Actively participates and fosters an environment that sustains a collaborative approach to working with others.
Initiative/Work Ethic: Demonstrates self-motivation through action. Thinks & acts without being asked: strives for results & sets & achieves them.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This role will require walking and standing during entire shift, or remain stationary for long periods of time. This would require the ability to lift weights, 5lbs up to 100lbs and bend or stand as necessary.
- This position requires that you work within the clubs and you may go out to the community for outreach using your own transportation
- This position may require you to work extra hours or on the last day of every month
- We ask that you see the club through our member’s eyes by working out in our facilities, experiencing a number of products, services, and amenities, while also participating in member initiatives
Depending on the marketing internship the employee may be asked to travel local infrequently to other clubs, street team and events.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a part-time unpaid position that requires mandatory school credit. This position frequently requires long hours and night/weekend work. This position may require working on the last day of the month.
- Complimentary membership for you
- Employee Discounts and more!
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.