When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Carlsbad, CA / BID Marketing
How will you make an impact?
The Marketing Manager (Global Market Development Manager) will develop and execute marketing campaigns for scientific applications using a customer focused, go to market approach. This experienced marketing manager will be a key contributor within the cell and gene therapy marketing team and contribute to the overall growth of the Cell Biology Business Unit.
The ideal candidate knows impactful marketing requires a balance of creativity and analytics to be successful. They will have proven experience in global product commercialization, developing content and marketing initiatives that maximize audience engagement to create and maintain a strong demand generation funnel. Success will require navigation of a matrixed organization to gain stakeholder alignment and the ability to manage complex projects that span multiple divisions on time and within budget.
What will you do?
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategy to support new product commercialization including audience segmentation and messaging, product/portfolio positioning, creative concept development, and tactic execution. Collaborate with new product introduction teams as the marketing core team member
- Work across multiple divisions to develop and execute integrated, multi-channel marketing campaigns and programs within the cell and gene therapy portfolio
- Create and curate content needed to help drive awareness, demand, and conversion for cell and gene therapy products
- Analyze key marketing programs for Return on Investment and program optimization
- Maintain digital footprint of supported product portfolios through continuous optimization of SEM, SEO, and web content
- Develop a robust lead generation funnel and sales support tools and training to enable multiple sales channels
- Support regional market development managers to build and execute marketing programs within their regions
- Develop and execute a robust event schedule for varying types of events ranging from small to large proprietary or industry conferences
- Regular and ad-hoc oral and written communication of metrics, successes, failures, best practices etc. to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team.
- Track and manage marketing budget at a tactic, project, and program level to ensure alignment with annual operating plan
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external audiences including direct customer communication, Key Opinion Leader (KOL) engagement and management, and vendors/suppliers
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
How will you get here?
- 5+ years of experience in developing and executing new product commercialization go-to-market plans, marketing campaign planning and program and tactic development
- Strong marketing acumen and experience in developing marketing strategy including customer segmentation, positioning, competitive analysis, sales funnels, and staging and pacing of tactical programs
- Development and management of metrics dashboards and reports
- Demonstrated success developing and executing digital marketing initiatives including lead nurturing, marketing automation, trigger-based emails, SEO/SEM, display online advertising, social media, and web/microsites.
- Exceptional communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills necessary.
- Experience developing marketing content.
- Travel is required (~15%) and may be international.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline.
- Experience in cell and gene therapy, life sciences or high tech industries preferred
- Knowledge of the following key competencies: 4Ps and marketing mix, marketing communication, communication channels, channels-to-market, segmentation, value proposition and marketing program development and execution.
- Strong digital marketing understanding in various channels and digital performance metrics, SEO and Google AdWords, and ecommerce
- Analytical thinking skills and experience in analyzing trends on a business and capable of turning into reports and presentations
- Desire to learn and work across multiple teams
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.