The Boston Globe is looking for a Marketing Manager to join an expanding team in our Providence, Rhode Island bureau, full time, on a contract basis. The ideal candidate is a driven, collaborative, and results-oriented individual with an interest in all aspects of marketing. The Globe Rhode Island’s mission is for our expert coverage to become an essential part of the lives of every resident of the Ocean State and this role plays a key part in achieving that goal.
We need an entrepreneurial individual that has experience in brand marketing, and digital marketing across mediums. The right person will be excited to think creatively about how to leverage our top-notch news coverage to find and engage new readers in the Ocean State, driving trial, subscription and engagement.
This newly created position is a 6-month contract position and will report to the Editor of Rhode Island, with functional ties to the Marketing and Audience Engagement teams based out of Boston. This individual is a critical liaison between the Boston office and the Rhode Island bureau...the goal is to bring the strength of the Globe brand to Rhode Island readers in the form of marketing and communications.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and experienced in planning campaigns with varied business goals. We are looking for someone that will be passionate about finding outside of the box ways to attract new subscribers - online and offline formats - and be excited to act as an ambassador for this growth within the company..
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 7+ years of experience
- Is self-motivated and experienced in planning campaigns with varied business goals
- Is creative, results-driven, and self-starting
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills
- Has a strong positive attitude and proactive issue resolution skills
- Is organized and has a keen attention to detail with a proactive nature
- Has a track record of working cross functionally
- Is eager to implement a variety of digital marketing platforms
- Has experience running and measuring campaigns, adjusting to drive results
- Is comfortable working across various systems and software packages, or can learn quickly
- Works well with a team, embraces opportunities to learn from colleagues, and doesn’t believe in saying “that’s not my job”
- Has some experience in content marketing, or willing to learn
- Is comfortable testing and learning, using data to inform iterations and planning
NOTE: All Boston Globe Media employees are working remotely until March 28, 2021. Once is it safe to return to work, the Globe office is centrally located at the Cambridge Innovation Center in downtown Providence.