Opportunity: Marketing Manager
Develop and implement strategic marketing and brand management initiatives (inclusive of public relations, e-commerce, social media, programming, activations, events, and partnerships) to meet or exceed revenue goals and bolster the visibility of the hotel and its food and beverage outlets.
Potential Career Path
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for aligning with the DOM and managing the brand and digital marketing tactics for the hotel and its assets; including F&B outlets.
- Support the content team in the creation of email marketing campaigns. Manage the hotel’s promotional calendar, including email promos, e-newsletters, and F&B newsletters/promos. Manage the internal approval process for email deployment calendar and work directly with Director of CRM to segment targeted lists used for optimal deployment.
- Partner with E-Commerce Director and DOM to manage and organize website Content Management Systems and extranets, ensuring all websites are fully optimized with updated SEO terms, engaging and relevant content and up-to-date property imagery.
- Manage all in-house communication and reporting of marketing efforts with all relevant departments to align the guest experience with operational resources.
- Research and develop unique and on-trend ideas for programming, packages, and offerings to support marketing goals for hotel and outlets.
- Cultivate community and tourism partnerships on behalf of the hotel and its outlets, and work closely with the property DOM to manage PR agency of record to maximize local and national exposure for the hotel and outlets. Ensuring press is appropriately maximized via social media (when relevant), internal tracking and the site’s press and accolade page.
- Act as the primary on-site contact for all media, influencers, photographers, broadcast crews and partners to ensure the hotel, staff, and outlets are positively received. Provide impactful tours of the hotel as needed or requested.
- Research and implement quarterly strategic partnerships and events to increase publicity and brand awareness for hotel and/or outlets.
- Execute partner activations to the highest standard, create customized offerings based on client needs; act as their consultant and partner.
- Manage third-party social media agency (hotel and F&B outlets) to develop social content on a continual basis that is in line with property goals across all social platforms. Oversee online social media presence, engage guests via direct messages, develop metrics reports, plan a strategic calendar of social media initiatives, and lead social media sweepstakes. Report monthly metrics and social stats to the department heads for the property.
- Contribute to building the brand image by working with HHM graphic design and third party creative agencies for all collateral needs for hotel, outlets and sales team. Supply content and direction for agencies to develop collateral, web/banner ads, print ad campaigns, etc.
- Work in conjunction with the DOM to plan, manage and execute all photo shoots for the hotel and outlets. Act as the main point of contact for the photographer, stylists, and all staff collaborating on the shoot. Organize the digital asset library ensuring images are relevant across all channels.
- Co-develop and manage the annual marketing budget for the hotel and F&B outlets with DOM. Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of accounts and directly responsible to submit timely and accurate invoices for processing.
- Maintain close ties with Executive Chef, F&B Director, DOS and banquet team to anticipate marketing support, collateral and gifting needs, and manage the brand and implementation of experiences.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Background in corporate marketing communications (luxury, hospitality or marketing agency industry strongly preferred).
- Superior planning, organizational, copywriting and written communication skills.
- Strong domain experience in CRM/email strategy, search engine marketing, or digital advertising, with an intuitive grasp of customer and a drive to reach and satisfy customers.
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint presentation skills and experience in reporting and analytics to drive recommendations and continually fine-tune program performance.
- Must be service-oriented, collaborative, creative, outgoing, energetic and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Work Environment and Context
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate a keyboard.
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety.
- Work schedule varies and may include occasional nights and weekends.
- Marketing Manager will report directly to the General Manager with a dotted line to the Senior Corporate Director of Marketing.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
HHM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.