The Marketing Manager is a key role in the Field offices and is responsible for providing a full range of marketing expertise, support and leadership to the offices to help drive strong sales results.
- Works with management team and individual advisers to develop, drive and execute agency and adviser marketing strategy/plan.
- Promotes new marketing programs and materials.
- Monitors and measures effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
- Provides in-depth training to advisers on marketing strategy.
- May support recruiting activities.
- Assists advisers with sales concept guidance, client presentations, and special documents.
- Ensures the agency and Penn Mutual brand guidelines are consistently met.
- Supports agency community involvement and sponsorship activities.
- Help advisers plan and organize seminars, client appreciation events, etc.
- Plays lead role in the development and administration of sales contests.
- Learns products and marketing programs.
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Achieves Results. Demonstrates the ability to help advisers achieve strong business results by helping with business plans and tracking/reporting of performance results.
- Communication and Writing Skills. Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrates strong creative writing skills, presentation skills and possesses strong knowledge of AP style guidelines.
- Business Acumen. Has a working knowledge of life and annuity products as well as a solid understanding of the adviser role and how an agency operates.
- Agency Strategy. Demonstrates a solid understanding of the overall business strategy of the agency to execute on plans to help move the business forward.
- Relationship Building and Collaboration. Engages senior agency leadership and collaborates with others to drive marketing programs. Builds trust, credibility and demonstrates strong self-confidence and leadership qualities.
- Influence. Influences advisers to help drive the agency strategy, marketing campaigns and community relations initiatives.
- Customer Service Orientation. Possesses superior customer service skills by understanding and anticipating customer needs, and adapting approach to different customer groups and requirements.
- Creativity. Uses original and innovative approaches to messaging and marketing programs and events.
- Negotiation. Negotiates with senior leadership and vendors regarding marketing priorities, vendor agreements and resources to maintain focus on marketing strategy.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Life Insurance industry experience a strong plus.
- Solid technical understanding of life and annuity products and sales concepts, technology, related tax laws and state regulations. Knowledge of the business units and operations of Penn Mutual and the retail sales process of advisers and marketing campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Marketing preferred or equivalent work experience.
All Associates Exemplify Our Penn Mutual Values:
Acting With Integrity—We have the conscious intention to do the right thing.
Respecting One Another—We see each other’s distinctiveness as a valued asset.
Focusing on Relationships—We foster meaningful connections with others.
Sustaining Our Legacy—We are trusted guardians for what we promise.
A Shared Sense of Belonging—We evoke our place as part of a world that we influence and influences us.
For Leadership roles within Penn Mutual, we believe the below characteristics are essential:
Execution Focused – “Gets it done” and drives progress and results towards strategic objectives.
Strategic – “Sees the big picture and challenges boundaries, takes risks and innovates to execute and advance Penn Mutual’s strategy.
Authentic – “Keeps it real” and is principled, transparent, trustworthy and accountable.
Decisive – “Makes the call” and demonstrates courage, confidence and a bias for action.
Empowering – “Develops people” and sets clear expectations, delegates effectively and encourages risk taking.
Influential – “Sets the tone” and inspires, motivates and persuades others through their decisions and actions.
Penn Mutual is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We provide employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and associates, according to applicable laws. This is reflected in our practices for hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, compensation, selection or training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. All employment-related decisions and practices are free from unlawful discrimination. This includes: race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship age, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, domestic partnership or civil union status, marital status, genetic information, disability, religious observance or practice, liability, veteran status or any other classification protected under applicable law.
About Penn Mutual:
Since 1847, Penn Mutual has been committed to helping people live life with confidence. At the heart of this purpose is the belief that life insurance is central to a sound financial plan. Through our network of trusted advisers, we are dedicated to helping individuals, families and businesses achieve their dreams. Penn Mutual supports its advisers with retirement and investment services through Hornor, Townsend & Kent, Inc. Registered Investment Advisor and wholly owned subsidiary. Member FINRA/SIPC. We are proud to work together in a values-driven and relationship-based culture. Visit Penn Mutual at www.pennmutual.com.