The Marketing Manager position consists of planning, developing and directing branding and marketing efforts for Hollingsworth. The Marketing Manager is the keeper of our brand strategy, creates the annual marketing plan and directs the creation of all brand and marketing materials. The Marketing Manager will ensure all executive strategic objectives are met throughout the organization.
Organizational Status: Reports to the Vice President of Marketing. Plans and directs the work of the Marketing department staff and is responsible for establishing overall objectives and priorities of the department.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- In consultation with the Vice President of Marketing, Vice President of Sales, Director(s) of Sales, COO and Business Unit Managers, develop and recommend an annual plan and budget for company marketing.
- Holds responsibility for both the overall brand strategy of Hollingsworth and reputation.
- Implements and tracks key metrics for the marketing department to ensure that company and department goals are met.
- Supports Business Unit Managers and Executive Managements’ annual planning by working with Business Unit Managers to build awareness/understanding of how the brand strategy and marketing translates to each business.
- Establishes plans including service positioning, merchandising, promotional activities.
- Supervises the brand’s content, function and access to brand assets while ensuring brand uniformity and consistency.
- Manages external design and marketing partners, digital marketing firms, production companies, web and social media presence.
- Drives brand understanding and support throughout the organization and ensures brand communication is consistent with the company and brand positioning.
- Develops and manages all aspects of the company’s brand portfolio: logo, design system, voice, photography, brand guidelines and illustration.
- Directs the development of communication materials such as catalogues, websites, brochures, packaging, and point of purchase materials, marketing collateral and in-store displays.
- Travels to attend meetings with creative agencies, attending TV filming and photo shoots, hosting product launch events, and visiting trade show exhibitions.
- Makes presentations to the President on marketing and communication strategies and activities.
- Provides strong, effective and highly visible leadership to the marketing firm in order to capitalize on the full potential of this most critical resource. Ensures that all employees are stimulated, motivated and guided to contribute fully to the realization of Hollingsworth’s mission, vision, goals and objectives. Empowers firm to identify innovative approaches to enhance organizational performance.
- Directs market research activities in order to keep abreast of changing demographics and other relevant issues in order to evaluate marketing and communication activities and to monitor emerging issues.