Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing Manager is responsible for the visibility of the organization in West Michigan through communication, social media, email, newsletters and direct mail. Also manages the strategy and execution of all events including third party, signature events with the Red Shoe Brew and Red Shoe Gala. Also supervises short-term interns and marketing/event volunteers.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Strategically plans, executes all details of the organization’s premier events. This includes oversight of logistics, budgets, timelines, invitations, donation strategy, sponsorships, food and beverage, auction, volunteers and summary reports. Works with outside donors and volunteers to support successful third-party events. Manages the Red Shoe Brew and Red Shoe Gala committees (all volunteers) for help and direction with strategies to improve fundraising and awareness of RMWH.
- Implements social media strategy by expanding the presence, and increasing visibility, awareness, and traffic across all social media channels. Has a grasp of social media analytics.
- Responsible for maintaining brand integrity and following brand guidelines set by RMHC Global. Produces all marketing and collateral materials for programs, campaigns, newsletters, surveys, thank you letters, solicitation letters and events. Basic understanding and proficiency with design tools.
- Strong overall communication skills including writing, storytelling, verbal presentations and letters. Obtains, reports, writes, and edits success stories and profiles of families, donors, and volunteers for all communication channels.
- Develops and expands the organization’s website including web design, content and SEO plus digital marketing including email solicitations and online campaigns and advertising. Has a solid grasp of analytics.
- Promotes RMHWM with the media by pitching stories to improve awareness of the House. Develops strong relationships with media throughout West Michigan.
- Prepares an annual marketing budget to support yearly initiatives. Also, meets or exceeds sponsorship goals for events.
- Represent RMHWM as a speaker and presenter to external audiences. Conducts tours for existing, new and prospective donors, volunteers, and community members
- Work cohesively with all staff and volunteers.
- Understands and can execute basic RMHWM family support including check-in/out, daily cleaning regimen, meal preparation, and laundry.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work outlined in this position description as requested by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required in marketing or communication
- Minimum of five years fund development experience in a non-profit setting or other related field
- 2-4 years leadership/management experience in progressively responsible positions
- Track record of success meeting with fund development efforts with multiple stakeholders and agendas
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive and motivational relationships with co-workers, Board members, donors, volunteers, vendors, corporate and community partners
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to understand and prepare financial reports and budgets
- Flexible, diplomatic, trustworthy, creative, poised and professional
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Exceed, Quick Books and social media
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to work independently