Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is a full-service consulting firm offering planning, engineering and program management services. Founded in 1935, LAN has grown from its humble beginnings as a small Houston firm to a national leader in the heavy civil infrastructure engineering industry. A division of LEO A DALY, an international architecture/engineering firm, LAN has access to the expertise of nearly 800 professionals in 31 offices across the country.
"We believe everything we do is for the enrichment of the human experience."
Who we are looking for.
The marketing manager position is key to the overall vision and performance of the firm by leading marketing strategies that win business, increase sales, and drive growth in key marketplaces. The successful candidate for the position should be experienced leading dynamic, fast-growth teams and be passionate about creating a positive and meaningful impact on the company’s overall brand and performance.
What you will do.
Reporting to the director of marketing, the marketing manager will be responsible for leading and coordinating all marketing-related activities for their assigned business group by collaborating with internal operations and sales teams, and with the firm’s proposal and creative services teams. Candidates should have extensive experience working with project managers, operations and technical staff, and business development/sales teams. The marketing manager will lead client and project pursuits through development of marketing and client engagement strategies, pre-proposal pursuit activities, proposals, and other “traditional” marketing activities.
Essential skills include understanding and meeting client needs (both internal and external), working within a collaborative environment with diverse and high-performing teams, and developing impactful and effective marketing content.
- Collaborate with director of marketing, marketing teammates, and business group stakeholders to lead strategic marketing initiatives that align with and promote business objectives
- Work with business group leadership to develop and support strategic marketing plans, client relationship plans, and targeted pursuit strategies/win plans
- Conduct go/no-go decision meetings with business group leadership
- Develop innovative and effective win strategies into key themes to produce compelling proposals, statements of qualifications, and client presentations
- Manage the full lifecycle of marketing pursuits, from strategy and win plan development to proposal preparation and interview preparations, including:
- Work with pursuit teams to develop pursuit strategies through the use of project win plans
- Actively monitor the effectiveness of the implementation of project win plans and associated action item completion
- Identify deficiencies in pursuit plans and work with pursuit teams to implement corrective actions
- Organize and facilitate pursuit strategy meetings
- Provide recommendations on teaming partners, internal resources, etc.
- Work with leadership and pursuit teams to determine specific materials needed and the corresponding level of effort
- Direct leadership role in the development of pre-sell materials, proposals, presentation materials, etc.
- Work with graphic design staff to plan and produce materials
- Participate in interview prep, providing key role in facilitating rehearsals, developing presentation materials, and coaching of interview attendees
- Collaborate with creative services team to develop print and electronic marketing materials (brochures, advertisements, media articles, videos, internal communications, etc.)
- Write and edit supporting sales and technical content for proposals and marketing literature, as needed
- Develop and manage up-to-date and accurate qualifications materials including project descriptions, experience/capability statements, resumes, performance “proofs”, and client testimonials
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of key service line project pursuits
- Serve as quality control reviewer of key materials developed by department
- Maintain marketing data in the firm marketing information systems including Deltek Vision and Open Asset.
- Five to 10 years of proposal marketing leadership or management experience in the A/E/C industry
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, business, or related discipline
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign) and Microsoft Office Suite (including PowerPoint)
- Ability to work and thrive in a team setting
- Understanding of marketing fundamentals (A/E/C industry-related)
- Knowledge of TxDOT proposal process is a plus
- Deltek Vision experience is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous assignments with tight deadlines while providing a consistent high level of accuracy and quality
- Professional demeanor with a proactive, problem-solving attitude and a high level of personal responsibility
- A desire for continuous improvement and learning/expanding knowledge and skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Expertise in writing, proofreading, and editing technical content
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc., is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 713-266-6900. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law