Join a big-five publisher and be part of our mission to activate the leadership potential in every person. HarperCollins Leadership is an entrepreneurial, fast-growing professional development content provider that publishes best-selling aspirational books, practical “how to” books, ecourses, and other digital content to equip everyone to reach their leadership potential. We are the home of some of the world’s most influential business and personal growth thought leaders such as New York Times bestselling authors John C. Maxwell, Donald Miller, Rachel Hollis, Tilman Fertitta (owner of Houston Rockets), and Dave Hollis, and Wall Street Journal bestselling authors such as Kindra Hall and Tom Golisano.
The Marketing Manager (digital) is a strategic and tactical leader in planning and managing digital marketing activities for frontlist and select backlist titles. This position will lead the strategic development of our digital marketing landscape and develop online advertising, consumer targeting, SEO & keyword strategy, Amazon keyword campaigns and micro-store management, high-conversion book site and funnel marketing landing pages, and social media strategy. This position will also be responsible for the ROI analysis and reporting of results for each campaign. The Marketing Manager (digital) will work with the other marketing team members in a coordinated approach to bring awareness to and engagement with our titles and authors.
In addition to author and title responsibilities, the Marketing Manager (digital) will assist with other initiatives to lift HCL’s internal and external profile.
- In consultation with the product marketers responsible for books and ecourses, oversee the execution of digital marketing activity for the HCL team across all channels including support for online advertising activities, promotional emails, book web site setup, and social media outreach to target audiences.
- Manage creation of digital marketing assets (online ads, emails, web pages, graphics, video ads, etc.) for internal and external email lists, blogs, affiliates, paid search, and social media marketing.
- Working with the broader marketing team, develop and execute strategies to grow existing HCL email lists; engage the recipients with meaningful content provided by the marketing team; monitor and track success (e.g. open rates, click-through rates, etc.)
- Provide copywriting support optimized for digital environments (web site, social media posts, email, text messaging, etc.)
- Manage mobile text messaging, online surveys and assessments, and other consumer engagement campaigns.
- Continue to develop and expand HCL website through basic maintenance, updates, and landing page creation
- Partner with the HarperCollins Leadership Essentials direct-to-consumer marketing team to provide digital assets for campaigns and content marketing on the HCLeadershipEssentials.com platform.
- Monitor reporting on website traffic with Google Analytics along with recommendations for continued improvement to our various marketing goals (email registration, conversion, awareness, etc.)
- Develop and support SEO strategies and tactics.
- Develop and execute ebook and audiobook promotional strategy in collaboration with Digital Sales team.
- Develop and execute themed multi-title digital marketing campaigns.
- Manage HCL’s Amazon micro-stores, including partnering with book product marketers and editors to curate the highest-potential titles to merchandise; provide reporting on return on investment and other metrics.
- Identify online media outlets, execute media buys, setup target audiences, budgets, and bids. This position will be responsible for running campaigns on Amazon, Facebook/Instagram, Google, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.
- Monitor and track progress of digital ad campaigns and make real-time adjustments.
- Measure success, trends, and ROI of marketing initiatives.
Knowledge/Work Experience: 4-5 years of experience in digital marketing
Education: B.A. in Marketing, Digital Marketing, or related field. Digital marketing credentials such as Google ad and marketing platform certification desired, but not required.
Required: Understanding of general marketing strategy and tactics, knowledgeable and motivated to learn more in digital marketing & analytics best practices.
Preferred: Familiarity with book, ecourse, or other content marketing is desired, but may not be required if equivalent consumer marketing experience exists.
- Strong communication skills – both external communication to potential readers, authors, and agents, as well as internal communication to facilitate the planning & execution of marketing strategies with core constituents.
- Teamwork – this role develops integrated marketing plans and works cross-functionally with various team members throughout the organization.
- Technical proficiency with digital marketing tools and programs.
- Understanding of best practice conversion offers and tactics – this role requires a strong focus on converting customers into the HCL eco-system and monetizing content.
NOTE: HCL is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team and highly values diverse backgrounds and insights that fuel our innovation.
HarperCollins Focus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.