The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans for the Optimum organization in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones.
Essential Duties and Requirements
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Managing and coordinating marketing and creative staff.
- Leading market research efforts to uncover the viability of current and exiting products/services
- Liaising with media organizations and advertising agencies.
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and manages sales/marketing operating budgets.
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objective falls within designated budgets.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Represents company at association meetings to promote product.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Capacity
Work Experience, Education and Skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business administration or equivalent number of years of experience.
- Three to five years of related experience with progressive management experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in sales, marketing or business administration.