Geosyntec is seeking an enthusiastic, skilled and resourceful marketer with professional services marketing experience to lead regional marketing and business development activities that support our firm’s strategic goals and vision. Based in our office in either Seattle, WA or Portland, OR, you will apply superb marketing, writing and organizational skills, to develop, manage and mentor a marketing team that executes business development work in a client-focused manner. You will define, develop and champion specific marketing campaigns; lead and participate hands-on in the development of persuasive proposals; and oversee and support all aspects of the competitive proposal process from premarketing through coaching the interview preparation, including workflow and resource requirements.
The position will provide marketing support and direction for the Pacific Northwest branch; facilitate a client focused business development process; and build and maintain a high-performance marketing culture to ensure alignment with business development goals in our fast-paced, deadline-driven environmental engineering firm.
Geosyntec is a company of environmental engineers and scientists who are experts in their fields and experienced in applying their knowledge to provide our clients with real-world solutions. We provide professional environmental services to municipalities, state and federal agencies, Fortune 500 industrial companies, and many of the nation’s top law firms.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The key to success in this position is personal drive, leadership talent, marketing expertise, and the ability to understand the perspectives and needs of our clients, coupled with commitment to technical excellence. The Marketing Manager adds tremendous value through personal initiative, ability to prioritize collaboration, keep the big picture in mind, and formulate a cohesive, persuasive message out of many individual parts. Your ability to catalyze and facilitate the success of a group means that you are passionate about learning from and working with multiple people and adding meaning and value to the representation of the firm’s capabilities to our clients. You work well under pressure, maintain diligent communication and attention to detail, communicate frequently, and enjoy the challenge of juggling multiple deadlines and projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Works hands-on with marketing/operations teams to build client relationships by demonstrating technical skills and experience that differentiates Geosyntec from competitors;
- Tracks prospective client opportunities based on the strategic technical and regional goals;
- Supports assessment of competitive activities, market intelligence, local and global industry trends;
- Launches and maintains marketing policies and procedures in concert with corporate marketing (CMSS); acts as the liaison between Branch and CMSS staff;
- Facilitates advance capture planning for key pursuits; evaluates SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) to support go/no go proposal decisions;
- Analyzes client requirements and selection criteria; works with the proposal champion, and other client-facing participants to develop strategy and win themes for the submittal; facilitates strategy sessions to identify a winning technical approach and identify differentiators;
- Extracts the proper message from existing materials to respond to proposal requests; develop/oversee compelling packaging of materials including formats, and ensure quality and compliance with client requirements;
- Oversees the development of visually appealing and dynamic templates and graphics for proposals, reports, brochures, posters, and other print marketing collateral;
- Writes, edits, and reviews general qualifications proposal sections; and serves as primary point of contact for proposal development for top priority competitive proposals;
- Creates, edits, and reviews regional project descriptions, extracted from short paragraphs to extensive multi page summaries of long-term and complicated projects;
- Troubleshoots potential workflow issues for senior practitioners that may impact proposal activities or deliverables;
- Oversees the collection, updating, customization, and submission of professional resumes for technical staff as part of the enterprise-wide database;
- Tracks awards schedule; oversees or develops and submits project award applications;
- Manages Branch updates to the enterprise-wide digital database in accordance with corporate standards and champion its use among Branch staff;
- Provides Branch materials to Corporate Marketing and Communications department to support internal communications as requested;
- Participates in client organizations; attends external meetings, conferences and other client-attended events; and
- Performs special projects and related administrative work as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with a major in communications, marketing, English, journalism, environmental science, or another applicable discipline. (required)
- 5 + years of experience as a marketing professional (required) for the professional A/E services Industry. (strongly preferred)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage work flow. (required)
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently to perform effectively under tight deadlines. (required)
- Prior experience leading proposal teams and developing compelling and differentiated strategies to maximize marketing success. (required)
- Superb communication and writing skills, including the ability to think critically and analytically about how the content might be improved. (required)
- Proven writing, editing, and proofreading skills with impeccable attention to detail. (required)
- Familiarity with graphic design and production, desktop publishing and presentation software; working knowledge of advanced Windows proficiency including, MS Professional (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, and typing ability of 70-90 WPM accurately. (required)
- Familiarity with state and federal consultant qualification forms, good faith outreach efforts for disadvantaged teaming partners. (preferred)
- Experience working on proposals for public and municipal entities including coordinating with teaming partners. (preferred)
- Ability to work flexible and additional work hours and as-needed. (required)
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal qualities, superb written and verbal communication skills, practical and administrative problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for excellence and quality.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is an employee-owned, global environmental engineering consulting firm operating throughout the U.S., Canada and select international locations. We’ve been repeatedly recognized as one of Best Civil Engineering Places to Work by CE News and consistently named one of the top engineering firms by Engineering News-Record.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: MARKE01797
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.