Jewish Family and Children’s Service (JFCS) has been a valued presence within the Phoenix metropolitan area for more than 85 years. Our staff “make possible” what others deem impossible by touching the lives of 40,000 adults and children in need of behavioral health and social services. The organizational culture within JFCS is dynamic and innovative and allows us to pivot to accommodate environmental change.
We are currently searching for a Marketing Manager to further brand JFCS in a unique manner that will attract, sustain, and maximize its Fundraising, Volunteer, Client and Employee Engagement programs. The Marketing Manager will execute strategic plans to enhance the organizations’ public relations, promote donor engagement, positively impact media and advertisement campaigns and enhance the organizations’ brand identities to maximize JFCS’s presence in the community. The position will supervise other talent and manage external vendors and contractors involved in design, writing, and public relations.
- Develops and implements strategic marketing and communications plans that promotes the JFCS brand
- Creates brand strategies that attract, sustain and maximize JFCS’ Fundraising, Volunteer, Client and Employee Engagement programs
- Initiates marketing and communications campaigns that enhance the organization’s public relations, promote donor engagement, positively impacts media and advertisement and brands the identity of JFCS’ presence in the community
- Supervises marketing staff and provides managerial guidance on projects, special events and overall marketing and advertising campaigns
- Supervises third party vendors and contract staff including designers, writers and public relations staff involved in marketing and branding campaigns, fundraising, donor campaigns, volunteer programs, special events and other media-related activities associated with JFCS
- Manages contract writing, graphic design, print and electronic projects, press releases, campaign and appeal related materials
- Provides oversight for brochures, printed newsletters, e-news, annual reports flyers, direct mail, email, invitations, posters, PowerPoint presentations, event displays, website content, and social media
- Coordinates video production for the development of client stories for fundraising, donor, media events
- Oversees the maintenance and updating of website, social media content and editorial calendar for JFCS
- Maintains strong and productive relationships with all vendors, third parties and contracted services in a manner that positively impacts the branding and image enhancement of JFCS
- Provides oversight for the creation and maintenance of the photo library, ensuring project photography is maintained and up-to-date coordinating with photographers on an as needed basis
Key Performance Indicators
- Utilizes project management software applications to ensure project deadlines are met and consistent with budget parameters and that project quality results meets expectations
- Communicates appropriately with staff and provides consistent and meaningful directions
- Effectively plans marketing and communications strategies and accurately forecasts project impacts and results
- Exercises good analytical skills, makes good decisions and utilizes staff, vendor and third party competencies to implement effective and efficient project results and outcomes
- Communicates precise expectations and directions to staff and third party vendors and contractors involved in strategic marketing, branding and communications campaigns
- Reviews, edits and proofs written and visual communications and ensures final products meet expected standards
- Demonstrates an ability to multi-task, receive constructive criticism and exhibits flexibility to shift priorities when necessary
- Works independently however, not to the extent of isolating associated staff and project partnerships
- Collaborates well within the infrastructure of JFCS and understands the importance of building and maintaining internal and external organizational relationships
- Provides status reports to immediate supervisor and shares project procedures, changes or updates with staff and all associated parties
- Understands the importance of meeting project deadlines and the impact of project control upon fundraising, donors, volunteers, third parties and contract staff and overall public relations and organizational imagery
- Demonstrate a strong ability to work under tight deadline while maintaining emotional consistency and professional presence
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communication, Journalism, English.
- At least 3-5 years experience in the marketing, communications and/or public relations field. Experience working with graphic designers, email marketing, and social media.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, HTML, WordPress, Photoshop required. Experience with InDesign preferred but not required.
- Reliable Transportation
- Ability to obtain / maintain DPS Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card without Restriction(s)