Join the revolution! Avalara is actively recruiting a passionate and progressive Ecommerce Marketing Manager, Free Trial, to launch our online buy experience. Are you a master of messaging? Know how to pull potential customers from a free trial experience thru to a paid subscription? If so, we should talk.
We’re looking for a master of implementation to drive ongoing site optimization to improve the busying experience, and support product launches and drive targeted marketing campaigns to the small business audience.
You’ll define the strategy and execution of online merchandising, content and user experience to drive revenue and customer acquisition for Avalara Products. You’ll be data driven, pulling executable insights from Adobe Experience Manager and using them to fine tune, improve and accelerate the customer journey.
The ideal candidate will be able to passionately analyze data to maximize both sales and the customer experience. In this role, you will:
- Work with the extended partner marketing team to fully understand the features and benefits of Avalara products and gain a deep understanding of buyer personas. You will be responsible for ensuring that the website properly merchandises product benefits so that customers understand everything they need to make a buying decision.
Owns purchasing flows, related landing pages and content, works with the UX and product teams regarding changes to product content pages and is responsible for improving conversions (From free trial to paid, and from PAID to implemented).
This position is the primary point of contact for other channel marketing and product stakeholders responsible for ensuring that the partner business interests are understood and properly represented in online sales and marketing.
This is an extremely collaborative role. This position will partner with other channel marketing managers, product managers and executive sponsors.
- Create goal specific plans, drive execution, track, and report on program performance and present in-depth analyses with insights and recommendations to improve conversion rates.
- Develop, plan and implement online marketing strategies to optimize the customer experience, drive sales and improve customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with product stakeholders to define and optimize purchasing flows. Use analytics to review performance and develop plans to optimize/test.
- Provide weekly analysis of key site metrics and customer feedback to internal stakeholders
- Leverage product sales data to build and manage upsell and cross-sell programs.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing
- 5 plus years of experience in an ecommerce role
- 3 years of Demonstrated expertise with Adobe Enterprise Manager
- Extreme analytical bend. You are comfortable working with data, know how to determine significance and how to draw actionable insights.
- Strong Analytical skills – see above!
- Excellent Written and Verbal skills. You know how to use data to tell a story and build influence.
- Mobile commerce experience
- A great attitude with a fun, entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to pivot on a dime. A very small dime.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.