JOB TITLE: MARKETING PRODUCT SPECIALIST (MPS)
JOB FAMILY/FUNCTION: MARKETING/PRODUCT AND SALES TRAINING
The Marketing Product Specialist (MPS) is responsible for supporting the profitable growth of AGCO's North America whole-good business. Their primary focus is to lead corporate training, communicate product information and sales process directly to the field and indirectly to dealer sales personnel. The Marketing Product Specialist (MPS) is responsible for producing product training collateral - both on-line and published documents (hard copy). This includes but is not limited to; Video's, Photos, Product Information Guides (PIGS), Product Marketing Bulletins, Competitive Comparisons, and Price Pages.
As an extension of the Tactical Marketing Team, directional focus comes from the annual tactical marketing plans. Ongoing collaboration with strategic marketing, engineering and manufacturing will result in subject matter expertise on assigned and new products.
The MPS will serve as the product subject matter expert aka "Sales Engineer" and principal resource for product related details. As the Sales Engineer, they may be called upon to assist in other areas including but not limited to supporting corporate events, plant tours, photo shoots, web-site updates, product launches, shows and field events.
Function and Responsibilities
- Support the Tactical Marketing Team goals through training, VIP events, New Product Introductions and field activities.
- Collaborate with Tactical Marketing and Field Product Specialists to design, develop and deliver training programs.
- Create, maintain and manage a library of training materials.
- Create on-line training.
- Lead AGCO's Training Excellence process by personal example and leading other trainers.
- Support the AGCO Action Selling process by incorporating AGCO action selling language and sales process in the development of training collateral.
- Organize product training materials in AGCO systems (e.g. Dealer Portal & SalesForce) to ensure ease of access and adoption.
- Provide first level "Sales Engineering" support to the AGCO field organization and other key personnel regarding product related questions.
- Lead projects to develop new and innovative training aides that drive results.
- Manage training assets.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert for assigned products by demonstrating a high level of agronomic, economic and product knowledge.
- Use your subject matter expertise to collaborate with key corporate groups (e.g. parts, service, and engineering) to gain market share by increasing customer satisfaction, providing feedback, and sharing ideas.
- Meet training collateral deadlines, within budget, as agreed with tactical marketing and the marketing product training team.
- Achieve annual objectives within North American Sales & Marketing in terms of market share, order writing, retail and inventory control.
- Benchmark and "final" test results.
- Attendance at events.
- Dealer Salesperson adoption of training materials created.
- Dealer Excellence compliance of training requirements - 80%.
- Preference will be given to candidates with Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture, Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing or other appropriate discipline.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience at AGCO or related experience with demonstrated understanding of Sales, Marketing, Product Development or Finance functions within Capital Goods industry.
- Preference for this position will be for a high level of mechanical proficiency. The position will require the use of hand tools and lifting items in excess of 50 pounds.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office, PDF Expert and Photo Shop.
- Proficiency and comfort speaking to and facilitating to a live audience.
- Strong interest, passion and aptitude with AGCO products.
- Strong planning, questioning, and presentation skills.
- Greater than 25% travel may be required within North America and infrequent travel outside of North America depending on specific role. There may be some extended travel required including weekends as needed to fulfill seasonal obligations.
- A Self Starter who takes initiative and is accountable to achieve time, budget and quality goals. Has the ability to follow directions; acts with integrity, has a strong work ethic, works well within the team.
- Collaborate with others as well as being an independent thinker.
- You will be expected to be passionate about AGCO, AGCO products, our dealers and our customers.
AGCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AGCO offers competitive benefits including options and choices to fit your needs such as medical, dental, prescription drug, life and accident insurance, long and short term disability, matching 401k plan, employee assistance program, and discounted home and auto insurance.
At AGCO you have a voice and the opportunity to impact our long-term success, as well as your own. As a Fortune 500 company and one of the global leaders in agricultural equipment manufacturing, we have an extensive network of approximately 3,000 dealers and serve more than 140 countries. We are celebrating our 26th year in business, and pride ourselves on competitive relocation and employee benefit packages. While headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, AGCO has manufacturing facilities all over the world creating and distributing their full-line of products, including Challenger, Fendt, GSI, Massey Ferguson, and Valtra. Join AGCO and become part of a diverse team and grow your career in ways you never imagined. It's time to embrace your infinite possibilities!
AGCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.