We’re looking for a knowledgeable marketing professional who can manage projects– one that will ideate with other marketing professionals (Digital, PR, etc.), senior leadership, and our internal operations leaders. This role will work as part of a team of a team and partner with digital, writing and marketing specialists to drive membership acquisition, engagement, and program participation.
This role will require someone who is a self-starter, a team player, and a motivator who is willing to play a role in both our association-level and field marketing. Experience with Human Services and Not for Profit advertising and marketing is preferred, with exceptional understanding of a wide range of mediums. The Marketing Project Manager will report to the Vice President of Member Experience and be responsible for tracking marketing project progress and outcomes. If you are passionate about our mission to serve youth and families, are looking for an opportunity to challenge yourself, and are interested in growing your career and breadth of experience in marketing, please apply.
- Works with marketing colleagues and creative teams to facilitate successful delivery of marketing collateral
- Orchestrate the completion of clear project briefs to ensure they align with content strategy.
- Manages day to day activities to ensure all projects are delivered on time, accurately and within scope
- Serves as primary point of contact for marketing managers/requesters and production team
- Serves as advocate for marketing managers/requesters and the creative team to ensure projects run smoothly and are successful
- Collaborates with business partners, creative team members and production team members to ensure project success
- Manages the creative intake process, creates project timelines, monitors project lifecycle from start to finish
- Builds and maintains effective, productive working relationships with others
- Delivers work in an organized and consistent fashion
- Can gain and maintain comprehensive knowledge of a Marketing Resource Management system to intake work, assign creative teams, develop timelines, manage workflow, monitor project status and develop solutions to unexpected issues when they surface
- Knowledge of creative development processes, writing, design, brand management, etc.
- Creative problem solving and ability to recommend process Proficient in MS Office Suite with an aptitude for systems that support project delivery.
- Digital project management experience a plus
Preferred Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field or equivalent work experience; PMP/six sigma certification preferred
- 4+ years project management experience, including tracking and planning creative projects4+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional environments
- Aptitude for working on resource management platforms and building project traffic control systems
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs
- Exceptional organizational and project planning/management skills
- Deep understanding of multi-disciplinary creative processes
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solver, able to effectively and efficiently integrate information from diverse sources and define a clear approach/solution
- Effectively asserts own position/ideas and able to deal with disagreements or different points of view in a constructive manner
Support the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members, or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training, as required
Perks of being a YMCA employee:
- Free YMCA membership for you and your family
- Comperhensive benefit package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term & long term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off that grows with years of service, paid holidays & floating holidays
- Be part of our mission and make a difference in our communities!
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families, and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness, and healthy living.