Position: Marketing & Sales Manager
Location: Corporate Office
NEW SALES CHANNEL PRODUCT MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the development and launch of new product revenue channel plans to optimize sales products (including but not limited to: online ordering, gifting, takeout and delivery, wine clubs, meal subscriptions, etc.)
- Hands-on role and will personally own / drive specific projects.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with all supply chain and third-party partners.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains product management success by developing systems of procedure for operations and training employees when necessary.
- Plan and take part in the launch of new products and involve several different departments in such launches
- Through interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data, gain insight into customer use of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas
- Establish timescales for development of new products
- Propose and keep within a defined budget
PROMOTIONS MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee market research and competitor analysis and identifies opportunities to continually expand market share
- Develop in-store tactical promotions to highlight the various areas of the business, by day-part or product (retail, quick service, full service, la cucina, etc.).
- Develop and design assets on photoshop and/or Adobe Acrobat pro to use for in-store promotions that adhere to brand guidelines and standards
- Develop an ongoing vendor spotlight program (and other programs to bring retail theatre to the business), purveyor programs and collaborations (i.e. wine tastings, truffle events, fish auctions, cheese supplier visits, etc.)
- Manage special events like offsite catering, offsite special City events, food festivals
- Manage the philanthropic charity budget and allocation of resources
- Support programming efforts in La Cucina
- Evaluate product performance, pricing, trends, distribution, promotion etc. to ensure goals and brand promises are met
- Execute various in-store promotions through operations planning, signage, and through La Centrale's owned media channels
- When applicable, coordinate with other marketing partner agencies to integrate promotions cross channel
- Identify new growth areas for tactical sales development, new technology, and emerging markets
- Develops and review A/B tests for both prospecting and active customer mailings and promotions
- Work with the operations, marketing, events, creative, sales team to develop highly effective in-store communications and promotions to key accounts
- Assist events and sales in securing new business opportunities
- Prepare executive reports/presentations for company leaders
- Work "hand in hand" with the retail, operations, culinary, purchasing and marketing teams
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands or without notice including weekends, nights, holidays but will be primarily involved based on a Monday through Friday schedule.
- Effective communicator
- Team player
- Action oriented
- Quality oriented
- Applied learning
- Work standards
Skills and/or Experience
- You will have to work with teams across your organization. This will often include the sales and marketing department, the engineering department, product management, press and PR and senior executives. New product launches are inherently 'cross functional' and entail coordinating the work of many different people.
- Both speaking and writing abilities have to be tapped in this role. You will frequently have to present about new products and write engaging copy, telling the 'story' of products, for various marketing channels.
- A crucial part of being a product marketing manager is gaining insight into customer needs and experiences. Analysis of data, surveys and customer interviews will be part of this mix and you need to be well acquainted with these techniques.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel.
- Incumbent is occasionally required to taste or smell
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and work in a standing position for a long period of time