Looking for a part-time job that provides meaningful work and competitive compensation? Consider a position in a State Farm Agent's office.
- Develop leads, schedule appointments, identify customer needs, and market appropriate products and services.
- Provide prompt, accurate, and friendly customer service. Service can include responding to inquiries regarding insurance availability, eligibility, coverages, policy changes, transfers, claim submissions, and billing clarification.
- Work with the agent to establish and meet marketing goals.
As an Agent Team Member, you will receive...
- Hourly pay
- Flexible hours
- Valuable experience
- Growth potential/Opportunity for advancement within my office
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and listening
- Detail oriented
- Proactive in problem solving
- Able to learn computer functions
- Experience in a variety of computer applications, particularly Windows
- Provide timely and thorough activity reports to agent
- Bilingual - Spanish required
- Property and Casualty license (must have currently)
- Life and Health license (must be able to obtain)
- Position may require travel
- Position may require irregular working hours
If you are motivated to succeed and can see yourself in this role, please complete our application. We will follow up with you on the next steps in the interview process.
This position is with a State Farm independent contractor agent, not with State Farm Insurance Companies. Employees of State Farm agents must be able to successfully complete any applicable licensing requirements and training programs. State Farm agents are independent contractors who hire their own employees. State Farm agents’ employees are not employees of State Farm.