The Marketing Specialist is a unique position that will have a high level of impact on the marketing ecosystem at Continental Mills. It serves as the backbone of our marketing team, delivering planning, support and reporting while also managing marketing activities like email and website content. The ideal candidate will be highly detail oriented with proficiency in Excel and managing budgets. This position will split their time evenly between marketing operations and digital marketing responsibilities and reports directly to the digital marketing manager.
- Own budgeting and invoices for the entire marketing organization. You will be the liaison between marketing, finance and accounting responsible for making sure the budget is up to date and all invoices are tracked and approved.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive annual marketing calendar for flagship Krusteaz brand.
- Partner with Krusteaz brand team and agencies to create, launch and optimize analytics and performance reporting of marketing campaigns.
- Actively manage internal Digital Asset Management platform for broader sales and marketing team.
- Execute web content updates to ensure owned websites are up to date with current promotional content, as well as consistent with look and feel of brand and advertising campaigns.
- Create and manage monthly email newsletter for the Krusteaz brand.
- Manage coupon creation, tracking and redemption process.
- Manage product commercialization projects.
- Support Key Cross Functional resources on ecommerce and consumer relations teams with social community management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals qualified with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced Excel experience (V lookup, concatenate, pivot tables, etc.)
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Experience with HTML and CMS tools (We use Drupal, WordPress and Muse).
- Practical experience with marketing analytics and reporting.
- Experience in producing copy for digital channels.
- Prior project management experience.
- Experience using email server software (We use MailChimp.)
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work individually or lead a team project.
- Budgeting skills.
- Strong project management, organizational, communication, interpersonal skills – influencing, resolving conflict, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop working relationships with CM internal employees and external vendors and agencies.
- Flexible, with the ability to handle changing environment and priorities. Proven leadership, communication, analytical and management skills.
- Creates a vision for the future and leads planning and implementation to get there.
- Creates an environment that encourages and rewards team work and collaboration, both internally and externally.
- Systematic problem solver, implementing solution to solve root cause problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time.
Education and/or Experience:
- College degree (BA or BS) or equivalent experience/training; background in Marketing, Finance, Operations or related field.
- Two to Three (2-3) years in a finance or marketing position preferred.
- One to three (1-3) years’ experience managing budgets, invoice tracking and marketing analytics preferred.
- Experience managing websites, coordinating web projects and email campaigns preferred.
- Project management experience a plus.
- Past work experience in CPG a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone along with reaching. Specific vision abilities include close vision requirements due to computer work. Moderate noise, ability to work in a confined area, and ability to sit at a computer for an extended period are also included.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit our employees nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the company.
The policy of Continental Mills, Inc. is to hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital or military status, national origin, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.