Sales Support: (75%)
Supporting the Manager with import and export purchase and sales contract/transactions (including overseas transactions) in the Chlor-Alkali Department for Caustic, EDC/VCM, and Salt commodities.
- Coordinate shipments among customers, suppliers, brokers, forwarders and surveyors, as well as with Owners if required.
- Prepare and process all documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Keep track of shipments and finalize all documentation/settlement from the beginning to the end.
- Prepare vessel nominations / Purchase Orders to suppliers, as per Manager’s instruction when shipments are fixed.
- Confirm payment receipt from customers in case of advanced payment.
- Monitor the status of each shipment/delivery at the loading port.
- Before shipment completion, arrange marine insurance in case of CIF business.
- After shipment completion at the loading port, obtain necessary information from surveyors and advise customers of loading quantity and loading date.
- In accordance with such information and instructions from the Manager, arrange timely and accurate input transactions within the required time frame (issuing shipping documents (invoice etc.), payment arrangement to each party etc.).
- Dispatch shipping documents to each party by PDF and overnight courier in a timely manner.
- File copies of shipping documents foFr each shipment and organize them in shipment folders. Folders shall be kept current and accessible for the Manager.
- Monitor payments and receipts to ensure they are received and issued in a timely manner.
- After receiving Demurrage claims, confirm calculations, send claims to counter parties and receive their confirmation, prepare/send invoices to the appropriate parties, and monitor their payment.
- Accurate and timely documentation for each task is required. Documentation must be handled in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- When faced with a problem, first, based on knowledge and experience, consider what action would be required, then report and consult with the Manager, confirming the thought process prior to implementation.
Credit Line: (10%)
- Understand the company credit line system
- Prepare credit line application
- Renew credit line periodically
- Analyze, record and manage payment data and business progress for money collection
Support / Back up: (10%)
- To support and educate when other Back office PIC is in need of assistance
- To support as back up for the PIC for Other Chlor-Alkali Back office PIC during vacation and/or sick leave.
- Vice versa, to share all necessary information and knowledge time to time in preparation for vacation and/or sick leave in order to co-work and pair as partner.
- Support accounting / auditors with necessary documentation and explanation so that they can have better understanding on our business.
Other Support: (5%)
- Expense settlement support for the Manager (business trip, entertainment report, etc.), if requested by the Manager.
- General secretary work support for the Manager (filing, copy, dispatch documents, etc.).
Knowledge and Skills
- Computer skills including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, other Microsoft applications
- Basic knowledge for trading, distribution, logistics for commodities
- Basic knowledge for financial and accounting as well as credit line control and A/R etc.
- Preferred: Previous experience working with SAP system for input
Relevant Experience and Education
- Education/Training: College degree: At least 5 years experience in processing work
- Licenses or certifications required, if any: Hazmat Training
- Candidates must have
- Detail oriented mind and capable of completing accurate and punctual documentation, input work as well as filling and organizing of shipping documents
- Good communication with customers, suppliers, terminal, vendors as well as internal
- Capability in planning and organizing, skill to manage the workload and prioritize, especially during month-end closing
- Good teamwork and capability to support colleagues in the Chlor-Alkali department