Personal injury law firm seeing paralegal with extensive experience in mass torts.
- gathering and tracking information
- to assist in all aspects of discovery, e-discovery, trials and mediations;
- legal research;
- preparing initial drafts of legal documents,
- assisting with special projects; and
- Filing cases in state and federal courts and MDL's
- Plaintiff facts sheets
- Schedule and prepare for depositions
Essential experience and job requirements
- excellent attention to detail, can summarize medical records and depositions;
- strong general computer skills, and adaptability to new systems and processes;
- proficient experience using online legal research services and legal resources available on the internet;
- strong business acumen, a proven track record as a team player that brings to the position exceptional organizational skills, excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and sound judgment;
- works independently with minimal supervision;
- works in an often stressful environment while maintaining good interpersonal skills;
- ability to think quickly and analytically, manage multiple priorities under short deadlines and multi-task; and
- the ability to research, analyze and implement legal concepts, as well as draw conclusions and develop solutions.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- experience in document management;
- ability to understand and maximize value of legal practice technology;
- experience using WestLaw and Microsoft Outlook; experience with Salesforce a plus
When applying please provide references and phone numbers of previous positions held.