Are you ready to focus on doing what you love in a place that helps you feel and deliver your best?
Massage Envy is the leader in accessible massage and skin care. As a massage therapist at our Capitol Hill, Seattle franchised location,* you'll join a team that's passionate about helping people feel their best through total body care. And you have a meaningful role to play in that mission as you:
- Combine your expertise and artistry along with our protocols and modalities to design customized services that meet the individual needs of each client.
- Build relationships with members and guests to help them pursue their total body care goals.
- Deliver an amazing, safe, and therapeutic experience with every service.
Here's what's in it for you:
The difference you'll make in clients' lives is the biggest reward for any massage therapist, but our environment lets you enjoy more of what you love about your work. We take care of overhead costs and supplies, marketing, and building your book of business so you can focus on performing as many massages as you want. And with the repeat clientele that our membership model provides, you'll get to see the long-term impact your services make for members.
And the perks don't stop there. We support and inspire you to be your best inside and outside the treatment room with:
- Benefits that help you take care of you including: free massages, employer-subsidized healthcare, reimbursements for Licensure and Insurance, and paid time off.
- A healthy compensation plan that rewards your hard work witha base pay of $21/service hour with adjustment for experience/education and bonuses for requested rebooking, enhancements, prenatal experience, consistent performance and more. Our busiest therapists took home more than $55,000 last year.
- A dedication to self-care with an education program that helps managers understand the physical impact of your work and gives you the tools to prolong the career you love.
- Continuing education with 12+ free CEs every year, and reimbursements for full time employees.
- A commitment to safety and providing a therapeutic, healing environment for you and Massage Envy members and guests.
* $3,000 hiring bonus
What We'll Accomplish Together:
As a team, we're committed to offering excellent professional services that help clients do more of the things they love. Your role and the work you do every day is at the very heart of our mission. This includes:
- Performing quality, therapeutic bodywork that meets clients' needs within scope of practice and licensing guidelines as applicable in our state.
- Customizing massage services within Massage Envy's policies, protocols, and approved modalities to craft truly personalized sessions.
- Safeguarding the client experience, maintaining client confidentiality and upholding our commitment to safety.
- Embracing the Massage Envy core values of optimism, gratitude, excellence, consistency and empathy.
- Protecting our workplace culture by recognizing and supporting team goals and building positive relationships with team members.
What it Takes to Succeed:
We only succeed together, so we're looking for people with the passion and experience to be amazing. Those who thrive in this role are:
- Well-skilled professionals who have a minimum of 500 hours of massage therapy school under their belts and a certificate of completion. You'll also need to meet the licensing requirements for massage therapy in our state and be able to pass a background and reference check with flying colors.
- Thirsty for knowledge, seeking continuing education to build on their modality mastery (which must include Swedish and deep tissue massage)
- Clear communicators who can effectively identify each client's needs, set clear expectations, and stay connected to the client throughout the session to achieve the goals of each service.
- Total body care champions who can recommend follow-up visits and additional services and products as needed to help clients pursue their wellness goals.
- Great teammates who show up on time ready to jump in wherever needed to get the job done.
** HIRING BONUS**
We pay eligible candidates a signing bonus of up to $3,000 depending on your experience and chosen schedule. Contact us for details on our signing bonus program.
Reimbursement for Metro passes. (Our clinic is a short 5-minute walk from the new Capitol Hill train station)
Personal note from our clinic Manager, Stephany Simonelli LMT:
Don't believe the rumor and myths that Massage Envy is only a training ground for new therapists! Our Therapists are seasoned professionals: 34% have been licensed Therapists over 10 years, and 72% have been licensed over 5 years. Join us and you will be working alongside a talented group of seasoned and caring professionals.
I have been the Manager of the Capitol Hill location since we opened 12 years ago. I am a graduate of Brenneke Massage School 1994; I have found that in my private practice years, massage can be a very isolating career. Therefore, my intention in running the Capitol Hill clinic has been to create a great positive community for our Therapists and front desk staff. Because massage is such a physically (and emotionally) demanding job, I allow the Therapist determine their ideal work schedule and break periods.
The popularity and growth of our Capitol Hill clinic allows us to accommodate nearly any schedule you desire. If you wish, your schedule will be full nearly every day. Both I, and our clinic owner, are very strong believers in keeping our Therapists happy. My primary role as Manager of the clinic is to apply my 24 years of experience in the massage field to help support YOU in building your practice and a fulfilling career. Come check us out and ask the therapists about their experience of working with us. (We even provide snacks!)
You decide your maximum hands-on hours per day, and we will deliver the clients to you. We have been in the Capitol Hill location for 11 years and due to our popularity are currently turning away 70-100 clients per week!
- We are open 124 hours per week - allowing you maximum flexibility to choose your schedule!
- Full time or part time schedules.
- Weeknight shifts available between 2pm and 10pm, Sundays preferred between 10am- 6pm
If you're ready to bring your healing skills to a place where you can focus on doing what you love, we can't wait to meet you.
*Massage Envy Franchising, LLC (“MEF”) is a national franchisor of independently owned and operated franchised locations. Each individual franchised location, not MEF or any of its affiliates, is the sole employer for all positions posted by a franchised location, and each individual franchised location is not acting as an agent for MEF or any of its affiliates. Hiring criteria, benefits and compensation are set by each individually owned and operated franchised location and may vary from location to location.