Reports to: Spa Director
Classification: Hourly/Commissioned + Gratuity
Barnsley Resort is seeking a part time (full time hours) Massage Therapists. Join our dynamic staff at the Barnsley Resort where we provide exceptional first class service. Professionals with advanced training in massage therapy, and a current State issued license to practice who are personable, professional and flexible will be at the top of the list – apply today!
Scope and General Purpose:
To assist in creating a soothing and relaxing atmosphere in a Spa known for a high quality of treatments and services provided to our guests. To perform Massage, Body Treatments and other Enhancements according to the standards of The Spa at Barnsley Resort. Proficient in a variety of massage therapies such as Swedish, Sports, Aromatherapy, Deep Tissue and Neuromuscular treatments.
Essential Job Functions
- Training & Orientation:
- Attend Orientation and complete learning skills and share the experience
- Complete any other departmental training programs as directed
- Comply with Barnsley Resort standards of service
- Maintain professional dress and conduct at all times
- Ensure that periodic duties (inventory, cleaning and the like) are done correctly and in a timely manner
- Attend continuing education classes and/or shows/seminars to stay updated
- Remains updated on how to perform treatments with consistency and continue to learn new techniques; Participate in any required trainings and implement practices that are taught
- Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings and cross-training opportunities
- Be able to cover scheduled shifts for staff members
- Assist in scheduling for maximum efficiency
- Have full knowledge of Spa products and services
- Create a positive team working environment
- To assist with maintaining and enforcing cleanliness of the spa, adhering to all state and company sanitation and sterilization requirements. To maintain a clean, safe, stocked and well organized work area
- To work without direct supervision
- To assist in all areas of the spa as directed by management
- Maintain an understanding of the spa industry and spa philosophy (balance, relaxation, unity, and a healthy lifestyle)
- Client Services:
- The massage therapist is responsible for guest satisfaction in the spa by performing services that exceed Guest expectations and maintaining property standards throughout all procedures
- Guest Safety is a priority before, during, and after Spa Treatments
- To communicate and describe in an articulate manner the spa offerings and their benefits
- Keep guest records clear and up-to-date
- Complete services in a designated time
- Has excellent knowledge of all spa services and retail, recommend products, educates and sells retail to guest and meets all retail sales goals
- Must hold a current Georgia State Licensure.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of Forbes Standards an asset.
- Positive, courteous and enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Must renew CEU credits and state license in a timely manner.
- Essential duties require long periods of standing as well as frequent reaching and bending.
- Performing treatments requires the use of fine and gross motor skills as well as the application of pressure (through pushing and pulling).
- The employee must have normal (corrected) hearing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry items up to 20 lbs and occasionally items up to 50 lbs
- Duties are typically performed in an indoor setting; however, duties may be assigned periodically which take place out of doors and in the elements.
This Job Description reflects management’s assessment of essential functions; however it does not prescribe nor restrict the tasks that may be assigned
At Barnsley Resort we believe in creating unique, authentic experiences for our guests and the same is true for our colleagues. Whether seeking a new opportunity or the next step in a hospitality career, joining our team of colleagues offers the opportunity to work in a world-class resort environment. Barnsley Resort, nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is home to a luxurious spa, championship golf course, horseback riding, fishing, sporting clays course, hunting plantation and both fine and casual dining restaurants. The resort is a member of the Southern Living Hotel Collection and has been named one of the 10 Best Southern Resorts by USA Today, "The World's Best Places To Stay" by Conde Nast Traveler, 10 Best Spas in Atlanta by USA Today, as well as one of The Knot s "Best Wedding Venues". Barnsley Resort's unique cottage style setting has become the preferred destination of many. We look forward to your consideration in making Barnsley Resort your preferred employer.
How to apply:Directly through Zip Recruiter or visit our website employment section at http://barnsleyresort.com/employment.aspx
Barnsley Resort is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug testing is required for employment.