The Massage Therapist is primarily responsible for providing members, guests, and corporate clients with therapeutic massage. The Massage Therapist is also responsible for assisting in the growth of the massage department and their shift through self-promotion.
- Provide massage therapy to members, guests, and corporate clients
- Be responsive to our members
- Comply with the Massage Room Shift Guidelines while on site
- Maintain communication with schedulers to ensure attendance
- Self-Promotion – participate in the promotion of the massage department
- Attend all staff meetings and Active Wellness training classes
- Maintain the department's standards of practice by attending continuing education classes
What You Bring to the Team
- 500 hours of training from an accredited massage school.25 hours of chair massage training a plus.City Permit or CAMTC
- 1 yr. of work experience or have completed 500 hours of a 750-hour massage program that offers either an off-site internship program or an on-site supervised clinic.
- Training in one of the following three modalities: Swedish, deep tissue, or sports massage. Training in Shiatsu, Amma, acupressure, orthopedic massage, prenatal, etc. a plus.
- Working knowledge of anatomy and basic physiology plus a certificate of completion from an accredited Massage and/or Shiatsu School and/or hold a National Certification. Twenty (20) hours of chair massage training a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and highly responsive with a commitment to customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Be knowledgeable about all programs, activities offered by Active Wellness and promote services/activities
- Attend Active Wellness site meetings and training
- Basic computer skills, customer service skills, results-oriented, ability to multitask, and commitment to the fitness industry
- Be well-organized and highly efficient when managing your work.
- Be a team player and show a willingness to learn new things.
- AED/CPR/First Aid Certified
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Ability to take responsibility for the health and safety of others
- Ability to stand for several hours in the same shift; ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Fitness club environment
- Must follow OSHA and Active Wellness safety standards