Under the direction of the Cliff Spa Director
To provide Massage Therapy and Spa Treatments to guests of the Cliff Spa at Snowbird.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
- Provide massage services to Cliff Spa clients; provide safe, appropriate and effective massage techniques.
- Ascertains precautions/contradictions for massage prior to each session. Explain procedures and applies techniques appropriate to client needs and preferences.
- Observe client reaction to massage and modifies as necessary. Solicits feedback and responds accordingly.
- Maintains client confidentiality and sensitivity to age and gender related issues during all client interactions; reports any unusual client interactions to supervisor immediately.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintenance of massage rooms, refilling supplies, changing linens, etc.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Travel: None
- Direct and continuous contact with guests.
- Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence, preferably in a spa setting.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Utah Massage Therapist License
- Knowledge and ability to provide up to 6 treatments in a row safely and competently. Must have expertise in providing deep tissue or sports oriented bodywork.
- Ability to complete daily commission logs, do basic math and filing. Must be reliable, mature and able to work with minimal supervision. Requires some exercise of judgment within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval. Requires some problem solving and initiation of activities within job description and responsibility limitations.
- Shifts may vary depending on business levels.
- Specific Shift: 6 hour shifts generally from 9 am to 3 pm or from 3 pm to 9 pm. Must be available any day of the week. Weekend and holiday work required.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from high business volumes, deadlines, continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
- Other/Additional:Must have ability to remain calm and focused on quality customer service in a sometimes stressful environment with last-minute changes, mistakes, and high expectations. Position requires an outgoing and friendly personality.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
*All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.