The Boston Harbor Hotel is Boston’s premier waterfront hotel, where luxury service is personal.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, as well as growth opportunity.
All candidates must display superior service orientation, be willing to learn and work as part of our team. Due to the nature of our business, schedule flexibility is required for all positions.
We are seeking a skilled hospitality professional; strengths in service, thorough knowledge of Spa services, and exceptional Beyond Compare service attitude for the position of On-Call Massage Therapist/Esthetician at the Rowes Wharf Health Club & Spa. This position is responsible for performing massages, body treatments, as well as skin and esthetic services in a safe and professional manner on guests.
Must have passed the required courses and hours necessary to obtain an esthetics license from the Massachusetts State Board of Cosmetology. Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Massage Therapy and must maintain a current Massachusetts State Massage Therapist license. Dual license is a plus.
Must have at least (3) or more years of experience, with a combination of previous accredited school and Spa experience preferred.
This is a Part-Time position; scheduling availability to accommodate business demands is required.
The primary responsibilities for the Massage Therapist/Esthetician include but are not limited to:
- Perform massage and body treatments on guests using safe and professional techniques.
- Performs skin care and nail care services, including facials, manicures, pedicures and depilatory.
- Creates a relaxing and positive spa experience for guests and members.
- Maintain inventory of all products necessary to perform all treatments, including: products, towels, sheets, disposable items, etc.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the treatment rooms used are well maintained throughout the shift, consistent with the high standards of the facility.
- Must have knowledge of any and all contra-indications to esthetic services set forth by the American Medical Association, The International Spa Association, or a licensed physician. These include contra-indications for pregnancy, diabetes, micro-dermabrasion, or skin diseases. Must have knowledge of any and all contra-indications to esthetic product. These products include toxicity of holistic therapy oils, glycolic acid, collagen, or seaweed.
- Assist in other areas of the Spa when not scheduled to perform services, including the Relaxation Area and Reception.
- Ability to access individual client needs, especially skin types and conditions. These include but are not limited to rosacea, ezcema, psorasis, and acute acne.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of all Spa and Hotel Services offered, to up-sell and cross sell all services.
- Must have the ability to answer all questions related to the Spa and Hotel related questions for guests.
- Perform all treatments to the highest standard of the Spa.
- Maintain current professional licenses.
- Perform all other duties assigned by the Manager.
In addition to performance of key responsibilities, this position may be required to possess a combination of the following skills and experiences:
- Demonstrated ability to work cohesively with a team.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing. A second language is desirable.
- Must have exceptional time management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of all Spa Services.
The Boston Harbor Hotel is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.