Northwood Club is a rapidly growing with increased membership. The Club was established in 1946. We are a premier country club located in Dallas, Texas, best known for hosting the 1952 U.S. Open. We have re-opened our newly renovated PGA Championship golf course. The club has a Distinguished Clubs of the World Emerald Designation for outstanding member service. Our staff consists of a wide range of professionals who are well recognized in areas of Tennis, Golf and Culinary.
We are currently looking for a massage therapist with the ability to perform various types of massage, provide educated explanation of massage techniques used, offer suggestions for overall health and general well-being, using computer, record charges and providing receipts to clients, booking of appointments, incorporating safe work practices, maintaining cleanliness and maintenance of massage room, maintaining professionalism and overall quality service to members. This position is commission based which is non exempt andreports to the Director of Wellness.
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of different massage therapies
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Scheduling of appointments
- Check members in, process charges to members' accounts.
- Assist Director of Fitness in office administration
- Able to assist in absence of another therapist if needed.
- Creativity, assertiveness, ability to inspire others
- Knowledge of major health risk factors and reduction strategies
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
Education/Experience: College education; or Certification with up to two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively, English is required to give instruction, print and speak.
Mathematical Skills: May be required: to add and subtract, use and create excel spreadsheets. Able to calculate metabolic and fitness information for members.
Reasoning Ability: May be required: to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one and two step instructions; to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Physical Demands: Must be in good physical condition to apply massage techniques. Frequently stands and walks; uses hands to finger, feel or handle; reach with hands and arms. Occasionally stoops, kneels, crawls, crouches, sits, talks or hears. Regularly lifts up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
Vision Requirements: Regularly uses close, distance, color, and peripheral vision as well as depth perception. Ability to adjust focus.
Environment/Noise: Frequently works in air conditioned and heated conditions (non-weather). Regularly works inside. Noise level is moderate, but frequent noise from fitness equipment and machinery.
Certificates/Licenses: State Certified Massage Therapist, CPR and First Aid.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
- Ability to read and speak English are required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the employee may be required to communicate with English speaking members or co-workers, the manuals for equipment the employee may use are in English).
- Therapists must be able to commit to having 15-20 hours of availability per week, with options for AM, PM and weekend hours.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.