Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:We are looking for a highly motivated Massage Therapist to join the team at Stonewall Resort to perform massage and body treatments and provide personal attention to each guest.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class property.
A Spectacular Mountaintop Retreat
The Stonewall Resort is a spectacular lakeside retreat in Roanoke, surrounded on every side by West Virginia’s rolling countryside, the Arnold Palmer designed golf course or the peaceful waters of Stonewall Jackson Lake. Stonewall’s guests lounge on the lakeside patio, explore miles of West Virginia hiking trails, play a thrilling round of golf – or two. Whether they are here for a conference, romantic getaway, family vacation, or for the most important day of their life, stays at Stonewall Resort offer endless possibilities for fun and relaxation amidst nature’s grandeur. We are also a dog friendly resort!
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
· Perform various types of massage treatments i.e., Swedish, Trager, Sports, etc.
· Proficiency in all components of massage and body treatments.
· Proficiency in doing a variety of body treatments in addition to being well versed in new developments, i.e., Vichy shower, Swiss shower, exfoliations, masks, hydro tubs, body polish, herbal wraps, etc.
· Prepare and maintain treatment area supplies daily.
· Ensure the privacy of each guest.
· Attend weekly and monthly departmental staff meetings as requested.
· Conduct tours of the facility as needed, to ensure a pleasant visit of each guest.
· Maintain consistent spa inventory and order supplies as needed.
· Promote and sell massage and body products.
· Attend product knowledge training as required.
· On-time attendance and ability to work uninterrupted is required.
· Work cooperatively with other departments.
· Perform special tasks as requested by the Spa Manager/Recreation Services.
· Attend weekly and monthly meetings conducted by the Spa Manager/Recreation Services.
· Oversee and maintain the cleanliness and neatness of facility.
· Help in the Health & Fitness Center as necessary.
Formal Education and Job-Related Requirements
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Current license(s) and certificate(s) for massage therapy as required by the state, county, city/town.
· One-year experience administering massage, body and hydrotherapy treatments, desired.
· Current CPR certification.
· Ability to work under pressure.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
Occasional Sitting, Bending Over, Crouching, Gross Motor Skills, Lifting up to 50 lbs., Far Vision & Hearing. Frequent Walking, Reaching, Manual Dexterity, Fine Motor Skills, Near Vision, Hand Eye Coordination and Color Recognition. Constant Standing
Environmental Factors include
Working; Inside, Closely with others, Noise/Vibrations, Excessive Humidity and Dampness, with Chemicals/Detergents/Cleaners and Working Around Fumes/Smoke/Gas.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
In applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read the above Position Guidelines and Position Analysis/Specifications and testify that I am able to perform the essential job functions for this position.